Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GAR filing

Author
Nigel.harradine@bris.ac.uk
Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)Too Much Forum (768 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I used the GAR filing for the first time last week when filing for a flight back from Caen to Bristol. The file plan filed fine and sent me a confirming e mail. The GAR seemed to file and gave me a reference number which i duly noted. Before departure, immigration at Bristol phoned me to say that the had spotted our intended arrival via the flight plan, but had received no GAR. I told them I had filed it 30 minutes before. They were not au fait with SkyDemon and asked where i and sent it to and of course I had no idea where I had sent it to. The lady searched but could find no GAR and phoned back, but we were airborne. On landing, they requested I resent the GAR which i again did on SD and again received no confirming e mail. The lady in immigration appreciated that we had done our best and requested that in future, we  copy her in with an e mail, which we could do, attaching either the written details or a screen capture of the SD GAR form. When I last heard she was searching in Manchester central immigration for any sign of our GAR. Am I missing some important step here? I had a good wifi when i sent the GARs and had no problem receiving e mail confirmation of the flight plan. Help please
Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search