SkyDemon Forums

GAR filing

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic12901.aspx

By Nigel.harradine@bris.ac.uk - 8/7/2014 1:16:23 PM

I used the GAR filing for the first time last week when filing for a flight back from Caen to Bristol. The file plan filed fine and sent me a confirming e mail. The GAR seemed to file and gave me a reference number which i duly noted. Before departure, immigration at Bristol phoned me to say that the had spotted our intended arrival via the flight plan, but had received no GAR. I told them I had filed it 30 minutes before. They were not au fait with SkyDemon and asked where i and sent it to and of course I had no idea where I had sent it to. The lady searched but could find no GAR and phoned back, but we were airborne. On landing, they requested I resent the GAR which i again did on SD and again received no confirming e mail. The lady in immigration appreciated that we had done our best and requested that in future, we  copy her in with an e mail, which we could do, attaching either the written details or a screen capture of the SD GAR form. When I last heard she was searching in Manchester central immigration for any sign of our GAR. Am I missing some important step here? I had a good wifi when i sent the GARs and had no problem receiving e mail confirmation of the flight plan. Help please
By Liam548 - 8/9/2014 1:50:44 PM

Mike if you got the email through then it worked, and it is not your problem.