Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

User Waypoints Duplicated on Opening SD for Android

Author
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim & SD Team

I've just discovered that every time I open SD (3.0.6) on my Nexus 7 (2013), my list of User Waypoints is duplicated. I've just spent the best part of an hour deleting all the duplicates!

This doesn't happen on my PC.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Thanks, I will look in to this later today. Have you used any of the beta releases we've put out?
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Hi Tim

No, I haven't used any of the beta's.

By the way, I should add that I don't have the problem on my HTC One phone.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
I also reported this problem

Edited 5/8/2014 1:01:26 PM by srayne
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Looks like this is related to logging out and back in again, which is when they will be loaded twice. We've found and fixed the issue. Thanks!
Peter272
Peter272
Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)
Tim

I too have had the problem of duplication

I have, like the others, deleted the user waypoints and reloaded from the cloud, but they seem to hold the duplicates. When you save back to the cloud, would that only add new or updated waypoints, or can this produce duplicates?

More importantly is there any way we can delete waypoints from the cloud, as this is certainly unusable for me?
Peter272
Peter272
Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)Too Much Forum (795 reputation)
Tim

I too have had the problem of duplication

I have, like the others, deleted the user waypoints and reloaded from the cloud, but they seem to hold the duplicates. When you save back to the cloud, would that only add new or updated waypoints, or can this produce duplicates?

More importantly is there any way we can delete waypoints from the cloud, as this is certainly unusable for me?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The duplication can only occur when logging out and back in again. The cloud is unaffected. If you "fix" your waypoints locally then save to the cloud, then the cloud version will be fine. If you must then log out and back in again, and therefore experience duplicated waypoints, loading from the cloud will then restore the unduplicated ones.
Rob Swain
Rob Swain
Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)Too Much Forum (822 reputation)
Anybody found a way of fixing this if you have THOUSANDS of duplicate waypoints on Android SD?

I don't even use waypoints - there was the original Skydemon HQ one and one called New Waypoint on the North Wales coast. Trouble is these are duplicated hundreds and hundreds of times. It takes around 20 to 30 seconds to delete a single waypoint - this is clearly not a solution!
I'm assuming this may be one of the causes of the lousy performance I'm experiencing with the latest version of SD for Android.

I installed SD on a PC, created a waypoint and saved the waypoints to the cloud. I then went on my (Nexus 7) tablet and tried to import / overwrite to the device from the cloud. The import just hangs!

Looked in the filesystem on the tablet - the Skydemon directory seems to keep logs, flightplans, aircraft specs etc, but not the waypoints so I can't even just delete the waypoints file!
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Hi Rob

I understand that this bug is fixed in forthcoming release, which I believe is imminent, but in the meantime, go to:-

Settings>Setup>User Waypoints>Cloud>Open from Cloud and confirm by pressing the 'Yes' button and your list of multiple waypoints will be overwritten by those stored in the Cloud, which in your case should be the original two that you mentioned.

Until the new release, you will have to do this periodically to clear the list.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search