Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Vertical profile too small, also can alerts remain displayed until manually cleared?

Author
suntorytimo
Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

Loving the product which I'm currently running on the ipad mini with a dual XGPS150. I have a couple of suggestions I would very much like to see implemented.

I find that when climbing, the profile view displays a very narrow band of information, it's very difficult to see what airspace is above you and it does not seem to be possible to drag on the profile display to view airspace at higher altitudes. I would very much like to see a larger profile view which shows a greater range of altitudes above your position, an option to increase the size of the profile view would be excellent.

Even when climbing I find the information displayed is very limited, I think about 2000' above is shown in the profile.

Additionally it would be a nice feature if alerts regarding airspace etc could remain displayed until manually cleared.

Thank you, and great job on all the work you have done.

Nick
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I would like the virtual radar to be size adjustable too in an ideal world, but I'm unwilling to add a control to it to facilitate that, as it would clutter the display. Ideas on how to make it intuitive are welcome!

As of SkyDemon 2.6.3, released yesterday, the virtual radar does adjust itself while climbing to show a much greater view of airspace above than it did before. I hope this helps.

Airspace warnings remain onscreen until either they are dismissed or not relevant any more, e.g. you are no longer pointing towards the piece of airspace.
suntorytimo
suntorytimo
Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)
Ah brilliant work on the alerts!

I like the changes during climbs and descents, but still would be nice to see what's above before starting the climb. I find even on the mini the vertical profile is too small and size of the moving map could be sacrificed. Perhaps some kind of altitude select buttons to view the profile at different altitudes?

Thank you!
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Tim Dawson (24/05/2013)
I would like the virtual radar to be size adjustable too in an ideal world, but I'm unwilling to add a control to it to facilitate that, as it would clutter the display. Ideas on how to make it intuitive are welcome...

Couldn't the boundary between the vertical profile and the chart be 'drag-able'?

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Richard747
Richard747
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
I would like vertical profile that still shows terrain even when at a very high altitude. This may mean compressing the intermediate altitudes or expanding the vertical profile screen space. Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search