Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Using iPad SkyDemon Navigation with FSX

Author
JanR
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As an alternative, you could try the Foreflight plugin from Flight1. Its free and works like a charm with Skydemon. 
Winfried Schuengel
Winfried Schuengel
Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)
@JanR, I tried this alternative, but it didn’t work also.
Is there anything, which I have to reinstall together with FSX?
It seems that FSX will not send any gps data.

JanR
JanR
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
You need to have FSUIPC installed (you don't need the registered version) .
I‌n‌ Skydemon m‌ake sure you select "X-Plane" after selecting  "Go Flying". If you don't see the entry, you need to activate it under Settings-ThirdPartyDevices-Simlulator-Xplane.

B‌R
J‌an
Winfried Schuengel
Winfried Schuengel
Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)Too Much Forum (391 reputation)
JanR - 3/1/2018 10:08:34 AM
You need to have FSUIPC installed (you don't need the registered version) .
I‌n‌ Skydemon m‌ake sure you select "X-Plane" after selecting  "Go Flying". If you don't see the entry, you need to activate it under Settings-ThirdPartyDevices-Simlulator-Xplane.

B‌R
J‌an

Hi Jan,
I installed‌ the FSUIPC dll, but that was not the solution.
Nothing happens‌, but I can`t find additional menues after installing FSUIPC, Only a new Add-ons menue, here can I start logging events and I can see the output on a terminal window, but I can't find any gpsout items.

JanR
JanR
Hi Winfried, 

there is no specific Add-On menu for the Plug-In, it works silently. 

Try starting FSX with Admin Rights and make sure that the PC and the device running Skydemon are actually connected to the same network. Maybe the GPS broadcast is blocked by your firewall - try deactivating it temporarily.

‌B‌R
Jan
Winfried Schuengel
Winfried Schuengel
Hi Jan,
many thanks for your quick reply.
I will check it next week. For the time beeing I have to prepare some lessons in radio navigation for my students.
But let’s talk about the menue.
Since I have installed the FSUIPC, there is a additional item in the FSX menue bar, called “add ons”
It appears after 30seconds.
WhenI click on this item iI can see the item FSUIPC. When I click on that, there iis a menue with logging parameters and I can see the logged parameters in a terminal window, if I activate this..
So, I decide to make a new installation of the FSX, I have all the original CD’s..
Maybe that there is a problem with simconnect. The next step will be to switch off the firewall and/or the AVantivir software..
I will report here what happend then..
BR and a nice weekend,
Winni
(Please excuse my bad english, I have only language level 4)
Martin Christoph
Martin Christoph
Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)Too Much Forum (564 reputation)
I see some of you are still struggling.
‌Well it was some time ago I was trying my best too, it took me weeks if not months and finally I gave up.
‌Tried everything, all kind of settings including FSUIPC and so on.
‌Recently I have decided to try again on the same machine but before it happened I had changed system from Win 8 to Win 7.
‌Guess what. Once fsxtoskydemon was installed within seconds got connected and AC position was displayed on IPad!!!
‌Just IPad IP to be properly set.
No FSUIPC no any other soft. Just fresh Win 7, rough (no any addons) FSX steam and fsxtosky‌demon.
Than I did it on anther machine, same - changing sys from Win 8 to Win 7 first. Same smooth and successful installation.
I wasted  a lot of time but it looks like the  problem was in op system or it's settings I never have discovered..
Good luck everybody and don't give up!!!
‌It's cool to practice on sim having more feelings like it was real world.

Winfried Schuengel
Winfried Schuengel
Martin Christoph - 3/4/2018 7:39:20 AM
‌Well it was some time ago I was trying my best too, it took me weeks if not months and finally I gave up.
‌Recently I have decided to try again on the same machine but before it happened I had changed system from Win 8 to Win 7.
‌Guess what. Once fsxtoskydemon was installed within seconds got connected and AC position was displayed on IPad!!!
No FSUIPC no any other soft. Just fresh Win 7, rough (no any addons) FSX steam and fsxtosky‌demon.
Than I did it on anther machine, same - changing sys from Win 8 to Win 7 first. Same smooth and successful installation.
I wasted  a lot of time but it looks like the  problem was in op system or it's settings I never have discovered..

Hello together,
Yesterday I did a n‌ew installation of FSX and FSX 2 skydemon on my desktop and also on my laptop.
I switched of the Firewall and the antivirus protection‌, but no succes.
On both computers Win 7 is runnung and .Net Framwork 4.7.1 is installed.
I also tried it with the forefligt tool - nothing happend
I installed the registerd FSUIPC too l- nothing append
I run FSX as Admin - nothing happend

The status is: on the running FSX 2 Skydemon window the green light indicates, that FSX is connected, but no Data and TX indication as described in a former post.
I think, I give up‌, sorry, I have no other ideas

George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Tornado315 - 3/10/2018 9:25:46 AM
Martin Christoph - 3/4/2018 7:39:20 AM

Hello together,
Yesterday I did a n‌ew installation of FSX and FSX 2 skydemon on my desktop and also on my laptop.
I switched of the Firewall and the antivirus protection‌, but no succes.
On both computers Win 7 is runnung and .Net Framwork 4.7.1 is installed.
I also tried it with the forefligt tool - nothing happend
I installed the registerd FSUIPC too l- nothing append
I run FSX as Admin - nothing happend

The status is: on the running FSX 2 Skydemon window the green light indicates, that FSX is connected, but no Data and TX indication as described in a former post.
I think, I give up‌, sorry, I have no other ideas

I suggest that you check the settings of fsx2skydemon.  In particular check the IP address being used.  Then check the WIFI settings on your Ipad to check its IP address.  If the 2 IP addresses don't match you must change the IP address in the FSX2Skydemon program, then exit fsx2skydemon and re-start the program.

Y‌our ipad may well get a different IP address each time it re-connects to your wifi network (assuming dynamic IP address allocation is used) so you may have to repeat the re-setting of the fsx2skydemon ip address each time you wish to link FSX to your ipad.‌

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

JanR
JanR
Hello Winfried,

if you use the foreflight plugin, do not start fsx2skydemon before.

T‌he foreflight plug-in broadcasts on UDP Port 49002. Try to explicitly allow connections on this port by modifying your Firewall settings under "Outbound Rules".

W‌‌hat network router are you using?

Regards
Jan

‌‌
‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login