Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD 2.4.3 beta

Author
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Have just tried zooming in and out on the winCe 5inch unit to test it, and no problems at all with it.
MrReallySerious
MrReallySerious
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Zooming issue maybe related to strange NOTAM display in earlier post? You probably made the connection already :-)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's the big erroneous NOTAM currently being displayed over the UK. I've asked for it to be republished under a different classification, but that's all it is. Nothing to do with the beta.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thanks MrReallySerious for the link to the PDF. It's a shame there aren't any coordinates posted for the routes.

Actually, I've realised that I'm not sure what are the actual corridors on that PDF. I thought it was that purple dotted line at first, but that's wrong. There doesn't seem to be any depiction of them in the key, either. Maybe the PDF isn't rendering right on my system.
Edited 9/27/2012 6:08:58 PM by Tim Dawson
srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
Tim Dawson (27/09/2012)
I'm not sure what are the actual corridors on that PDF. I thought it was that purple dotted line at first, but that's wrong. There doesn't seem to be any depiction of them in the key, either. Maybe the PDF isn't rendering right on my system.

Here they are - not very obvious though:

http://www.skydemon.aero/forums/Uploads/Images/ff00bba7-74d3-41c5-8c87-270c.jpg

http://www.skydemon.aero/forums/Uploads/Images/b03260f3-bc34-49cb-b186-c47e.jpg
Edited 9/27/2012 7:15:36 PM by srayne
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Tim I have a simplistic query. Why are forests and trees no longer depicted in a VFR package? Having asked that I can still see green areas/patches in the sample map posted in this forum. Any idea what these areas are? Many thanks.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
I've been doing a bit of experimenting on my laptop and PC.

After rebooting and then opening SD there is no problem with zooming fully in and then scrolling, but if I put a route in which of course activates the notams then when I fully zoom in it slows the computer and then stops responding if I try to scroll.

When re-opening SD, the 'notam' for operation Greenfinch comes up on screen (even though I haven't put in a route) and when zooming fully in, SD again stops responding.

So, I agree that it looks like it's the 'notam' that's causing a problem.

A quick fix is to just switch off the 'show notams' under the 'mapping tab' and the problem goes away
Edited 9/28/2012 1:12:02 PM by nje
ACW20
ACW20
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
I'm not a big fan of the centre points of airfields being depicted with the orientation of their runways at all zoom levels. Some of them now look like starfish. I preferred the plain simple circle
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
          Hello Tim & Co,

I have a simple queryor two:

1. Why are forests and trees no longer depicted in the new beta version of this VFR package? I do use foliage regularly in VFR flying.
2. Having asked the above, I can still see green areas/patches in the sample map posted in this forum. Any idea what these areas are?

Apologies for repeating the questions above, but I fee I am missing an important point here. Please feel free to delete my dublicated entries in the forum. Many thanks.

Very Newbytheway
DurhamTeaseAirport

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I'm not a big fan of the centre points of airfields being depicted with the orientation of their runways at all zoom levels. Some of them now look like starfish. I preferred the plain simple circle

I think they are a great addition - I honestly can't see why anyone would have a problem with this!

Why are forests and trees no longer depicted in the new beta version of this VFR package? I do use foliage regularly in VFR flying.

The SkyDemon2 chart style is intended to be clear and uncluttered. The original SkyDemon chart style (complete with foliage) is still available as is the 'CAA' style so you've got plenty of choice.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search