Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD 2.4.3 beta

Author
steinardo
Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Love the new maps! It presents forrest/mountainous boundaries better in my view.

Would like to see that you could load and save individual waypoints though. It seams that you can only save all and load all to/from cloud, potentially overwriting waypoints?

Thanks
Steinar
srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
Strange NOTAM depiction today using 2.4.3 beta:

Edited 9/27/2012 11:39:06 AM by srayne
srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
There doesn't seem to be any trees/woodland depicted on the new charts is this deliberate?
MrReallySerious
MrReallySerious
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Hopefully you can include more VFR corridors. On the Benelux maps these are missing.

Keep up the good work!
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Forests are simply not depicted any longer, on the new maps. Focus is instead given to standard terrain elevation boundaries.

Steinar, we couldn't think of a good way of saving user waypoints one by one, that would probably be quite tedious. So at the moment it's an all-or-nothing system. We're very much open to feedback on how you think this could be made even better, though.

Simon, that isn't the beta, it's just a NOTAM that has been published with an inappropriate classification. I've asked for it to be changed.

MrReallySerious, which specific VFR corridors are you referring to (can you give me a location in the AIP?)
srayne
srayne
Thanks for the feedback Tim. I like the new chart style which seems clearer.

Anything you can do about the increasing amount of spam in this forum?

I'd love to be able to 'sync' routes/aircraft/waypoints etc. with cloud storage (using time of last modification).

In the Plan 'open flight log' window please can you add the ability to delete the currently selected log - not sure how you would stop it re-appearing at the next sync though. Maybe add a 'flag' to indicate that the log is due to be deleted and then delete it from the mobile device as well at the next sync?

Simon
Edited 9/27/2012 1:02:30 PM by srayne
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Beta version (new chart style) looks good, I'll give it try in the air on Monday. Well done!
MrReallySerious
MrReallySerious
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Hello Tim, this is the information in the Dutch AIS:

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/120809-120920/eAIP/html/index-en-GB.html

See: ENR 5.6 BIRD MIGRATION AND AREAS WITH SENSITIVE FAUNA

--

For motorised civil air traffic above the natural area Waddenzee the following applies:
  • Flights below 1500 ft AGL are not allowed;
  • Only when the cloud base < 1500 ft AGL or the flight visibility < 8 km, flights are allowed above 1000 ft AGL within the corridors depicted on chart ENR 6-5.3.
--

ENR 6-5.3 refers to a map depicting the VFR corridors above the Waddenzee (North of the map, to the Islands Ameland and Texel).

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/120809-120920/eAIP/html/graphics/eAIP/EH-ENR-6-5-3-A3m.pdf

Edited 9/27/2012 1:23:34 PM by MrReallySerious
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Has any one tried zooming right in yet ?

My laptop with win xp and PC with win 7 locked up with the 'skydemon not responding' screen

I've rebooted each of them twice and it continues to lock up, however if I don't zoom right in everythinh is ok
srayne
srayne
nje (27/09/2012)
Has any one tried zooming right in yet ? My laptop with win xp and PC with win 7 locked up with the 'skydemon not responding' screen

Me too - Windows Vista.

Edited to add: Not actually a lockup as control comes back a few minutes later - just a major slow down at zoom levels above about 1:10,000

Edited again to add: Only happens with NOTAMs displayed and zooming into shaded area of NOTAM.
Edited 9/27/2012 2:25:03 PM by srayne
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search