Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Italy new FIC

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 1/18/2024 10:17:03 AM
Ok, I've added the southern piece, let's see how it looks. It should show up shortly.

I liked!  
Let's see pilots' reactions....

Gianni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Ok, I've added the southern piece, let's see how it looks. It should show up shortly.
giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/16/2024 10:02:26 AM
I don't have the tools to do those things. I can depict the NOTAM for the smaller, southern area, on the map which means you'll see a green dotted line. But in What's Here you'll see only the AIP information on the northern side and both the AIP and NOTAM information on the southern side. If you think it would be helpful for me to do that, I can do it.

Anything possible is better than nothing, slowly pilots will learn and use the correct frequency.
I agree with you that our AIP staff are not too smart, but they don't have a flight license....

greetings,
Gianni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
I don't have the tools to do those things. I can depict the NOTAM for the smaller, southern area, on the map which means you'll see a green dotted line. But in What's Here you'll see only the AIP information on the northern side and both the AIP and NOTAM information on the southern side. If you think it would be helpful for me to do that, I can do it.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 1/12/2024 10:18:57 AM
Potentially not, but the existing larger area (to the north) would still cover the smaller area to the south. If you think that would not be a problem, I could look at doing this.

The simplest way is to draw a line on the map to divide the two areas, the large and small, perhaps with a different colour: orange instead of green, and by touching "What's Here" you will find the correct frequency.

Another solution is to write the 2 frequencies in "What's Here" for the total area plus a "SEE NOTAM" note in the Roma Information Service tab, but in this way, you need to write the Notam.

Then when the Notam expires we will see what they decide.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Potentially not, but the existing larger area (to the north) would still cover the smaller area to the south. If you think that would not be a problem, I could look at doing this.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 1/8/2024 10:52:41 AM
We don't normally make changes to our permanent chart data that disagree with the AIP. Presumably this NOTAMed change will become part of the permanent AIP soon? At which point our chart data will be changed to reflect the change in FIS provision.

The Notam probably will not be changed soon, the validity is till  03/march/2024 and as per last year I believe it will be renewed again and again....at every expiry date.
 But is it complicated for SD to write the 2 freq on the "What's Here" related to that FIS area?
Gianni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We don't normally make changes to our permanent chart data that disagree with the AIP. Presumably this NOTAMed change will become part of the permanent AIP soon? At which point our chart data will be changed to reflect the change in FIS provision.
giannisd
giannisd
[quote]
Tim Dawson - 12/19/2023 11:26:00 AM
I've checked the Roma FIC boundaries for the forthcoming amendment and have made changes, as you suggested, so that the dividing line has moved in line with the map you posted. The other FIC areas are not well-defined (coordinates are not given) but we have done our best to align them with the Roma FIC areas.

Thank you for highlighting this to us.
Hi Tim, Happy New Year,
I see that the FIS boundaries are updated according to the AIP Note.
Excellent, but would it be possible to depict the Line indicated by the Notam ?Q)IXX/QCAXX/IV/BO/E/000/195/4236N01220E121 and indicate the frequency 119.075 MHz in addition to the 125.750 MHz in the "What's Here?" When I touch the screen?
Greetings,
Gianni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I've checked the Roma FIC boundaries for the forthcoming amendment and have made changes, as you suggested, so that the dividing line has moved in line with the map you posted. The other FIC areas are not well-defined (coordinates are not given) but we have done our best to align them with the Roma FIC areas.

Thank you for highlighting this to us.

Edited 12/19/2023 11:26:20 AM by Tim Dawson
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search