Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Tracking Training Flights

Author
H
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello guys

I have just started my PPL training. I would like to record my training flights without having planned a flight before. How to do this? I would like to log the times and the track flown. I could not find any explanation in the manual. Thanks for your help
Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)
Han3081983 - 4/23/2022 7:28:24 PM
Hello guysI have just started my PPL training. I would like to record my training flights without having planned a flight before. How to do this? I would like to log the times and the track flown. I could not find any explanation in the manual. Thanks for your help

Create route -> select airport then the "fly within xy miles"

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Hello guysI have just started my PPL training. I would like to record my training flights without having planned a flight before. How to do this? I would like to log the times and the track flown. I could not find any explanation in the manual. Thanks for your help

Just fly with Skydemon. Skydemon records times and track, even if you haven”t planned a route.

Han3081983
H
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
efrenken - 4/24/2022 1:32:07 AM

Just fly with Skydemon. Skydemon records times and track, even if you haven”t planned a route.

I tried it today and again did not work unfortunately. I started Skydemon on my iPhone, clicked on "Fly", logged my Blocktime and Engine Start manually and put it in my pocket. Once I landed and I checked my phone again and the times for Blocktime and Engine time was still ticking, but no flight had been recorded. And the only way to get out of that screen was to click on the skydemon symbol and select "stop navigation". Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

PS: Sorry if the description of the menu items might be incorrect, as I am using the German version of Skydemon

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Han3081983 - 4/24/2022 1:25:12 PM

I tried it today and again did not work unfortunately. I started Skydemon on my iPhone, clicked on "Fly", logged my Blocktime and Engine Start manually and put it in my pocket. Once I landed and I checked my phone again and the times for Blocktime and Engine time was still ticking, but no flight had been recorded. And the only way to get out of that screen was to click on the skydemon symbol and select "stop navigation". Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

PS: Sorry if the description of the menu items might be incorrect, as I am using the German version of Skydemon

...the only way to get out of that screen was to click on the skydemon symbol and select "stop navigation"...

That is how SD is designed to work. Having stopped navigation, tap on Logs and you will see a list of your flights. Tap on the one you wish to look at and there you will find your flight details. You can then explore the flight in SD or Google Maps if you wish.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Han3081983
H
Sky Painter - 4/25/2022 10:25:04 AM

...the only way to get out of that screen was to click on the skydemon symbol and select "stop navigation"...

That is how SD is designed to work. Having stopped navigation, tap on Logs and you will see a list of your flights. Tap on the one you wish to look at and there you will find your flight details. You can then explore the flight in SD or Google Maps if you wish.

Ok, got it. But as I mentioned nothing was tracked or logged and therefore I dont see any flights at all in my Logs section. 

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)
Couldn't it be some magic your device does? Pe. battery optimization while the screen is off
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Han3081983 - 4/25/2022 1:47:44 PM

Ok, got it. But as I mentioned nothing was tracked or logged and therefore I dont see any flights at all in my Logs section. 

Do you get the same result by doing just the same but with a route planned?

Han3081983
H
grahamb - 4/25/2022 4:02:06 PM
Han3081983 - 4/25/2022 1:47:44 PM

Do you get the same result by doing just the same but with a route planned?

As matter of fact I tried it now two times (as I didn't had more flights yet -) ). In both instances I did not plan a flight, just clicked on the Fly menu, logged my engine start and block times manually and started flying, assuming that everything else would automatically be logged and stored. And once I was on the ground I couldnt see a track or something similar and when I clicked on stop navigation nothing was transferred to Log Section, so this is still empty. I use an iPhone 11 on the latest iOS. GPS signal is set to "Always" for Skydemon. I feel a bit stupid here :-D 

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
When in flight, did you see the moving map display working correctly? 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search