Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

CTA Frequencies

Author
L
Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everybody,

I was wondering why the CTA radio frequency is not reported.
In the picture below (located in the north-east of Italy) my route includes Padova CTA Zone 21 and 20, both Class D space. ATS responsible unit is Padova ACC (119.175 approach control / 120.725 area control).
Why there’s no frequency indication? I can neither find it in the briefing pack.

Thanks.

Andrea.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
If the unit is a Control callsign, that sounds like it's area control for IFR flight. Would that be correct? SkyDemon only usually lists a frequency next to a piece of airspace if the AIP lists one for transits.
Lozzi
L
Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/22/2021 2:57:34 PM
If the unit is a Control callsign, that sounds like it's area control for IFR flight. Would that be correct? SkyDemon only usually lists a frequency next to a piece of airspace if the AIP lists one for transits.

I'm not sure I get your point, Tim, but Padova CTA is VFR/IFR space (as for Class D rules). AIP states that you shall get clearance from FIC (126.425), then contact ACC (120.725). ACC controls VFR/IFR traffic inside CTA:

So, as a VFR traffic, I should know the CTA frequency(es) to contact.
Am I right?

Andrea

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Well, we publish the AIP precisely so you can look up information like that. I've read what you wrote (along with the AIP) a few times now and I can see why our data doesn't list a simple, single frequency next to each piece of that CTA. The quick answer is that the AIP doesn't list one either, the longer answer is that the AIP doesn't make it particularly clear what frequency is best either. If the FIC frequency is best then we already provide that, permanently, in the What's Here menu, the Radio tab or the Virtual Radar. If it's a different frequency then I am still not clear what that frequency should be or to which pieces of airspace it applies. And that is probably why we don't assign the CTA pieces a frequency currently.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search