Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New Warnings Tab

Author
K
Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Version: 3.14.6

IOS 13.7

First of all, thanks for a fantastic product. I've just upgraded to the new version and have been checking out the new features. In the Warnings Screen, I can see airspace warnings but I can't see MSA warnings. Where have they moved to please or am I missing a setting somewhere (or a senior moment)? 

Cheers

Ken

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We removed MSA warnings from that tab because they're shown in the virtual radar as a red outline to your route.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 12/18/2020 11:19:44 AM
We removed MSA warnings from that tab because they're shown in the virtual radar as a red outline to your route.

I have to say Tim, I use SD regularly for all sorts of flights, and had never noticed that. It's not particularly obvious.

The PLOG is a better place to look IMO.

Ken
K
Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)Too Much Forum (278 reputation)

Thanks Tim. 
My 2 cents - I really liked the MSA alerts in the Warnings. It meant one place to look for all warnings and anything that makes seeing warnings easier I feel is a good thing. I agree with grahamb, though, in that you are going to be also looking at the PLOG. 

Personally, I find the red borders in Virtual Radar tricky to see. They don't jump out at you and are somewhere else to look.

Cheers

Ken 

derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Ken - 12/18/2020 12:33:56 PM

Thanks Tim. 
My 2 cents - I really liked the MSA alerts in the Warnings. It meant one place to look for all warnings and anything that makes seeing warnings easier I feel is a good thing. I agree with grahamb, though, in that you are going to be also looking at the PLOG. 

Personally, I find the red borders in Virtual Radar tricky to see. They don't jump out at you and are somewhere else to look.

Cheers

Ken 

100% agree!
The warning tab for me is like a checklist that you can to go through step by step to fix all issues with your flight planning. Also I liked the possibility to fix the MSA alert with just one click. And by they way, once there was also a warning in the warning tab, if your plane was overloaded or had insufficient fuel. I miss that also.

So, please consider to restore the MSA alerts in the warnings.
Thanks and regards,

Andreas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We'll certainly consider restoring them to that tab, if the big red box in the PLOG and the red outline in the virtual radar turns out not to be sufficient.

Problems with aircraft or fuel are in the Flight Details dropdown, which itself turns red, at the top of the screen.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 12/18/2020 2:42:29 PM
We'll certainly consider restoring them to that tab, if the big red box in the PLOG and the red outline in the virtual radar turns out not to be sufficient.

Problems with aircraft or fuel are in the Flight Details dropdown, which itself turns red, at the top of the screen.

Hi Tim,
I’m with Ken in that point. I found the MSA warnings in the warning tab very helpful. It showed me which altitude I had to correct a leg to to be on the safe side. Virtual radar shows me I’m below MSA, but doesn’t show me the altitude to climb to.
Eric

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Fair enough; noted.
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Another comment regarding the Warning tab.The fact that all penetrated airspace/areas is listed has some merits. I like the fact that you can also directly highlight the concerned airspace/areas on the map and virtual radar. Would it not make sense to pop-up the detailed info of the concerned airspace/areas when clicking on it in the Warning Tab? - (with vertical, location; ident, active, notes,...)
In particular for areas (eg danger) it would allow to see directly additional useful information from the tab...

JulianW
J
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Please just bring back the MSA warning in the warning tab. Now it’s such a pain, not at all a UX improvement. Thank you
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search