Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New Warnings Tab

Author
G
Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When planning a route through alpine areas, the warnings tab was usually overcrowded with useless MSA warnings.

I prefer the MSA warnings remain removed from the tab.

I also use the “Colour High Terrain” feature as a quite good means for planning route and altitude.
Marbons
M
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
efrenken - 12/18/2020 7:13:23 PM
Tim Dawson - 12/18/2020 2:42:29 PM
We'll certainly consider restoring them to that tab, if the big red box in the PLOG and the red outline in the virtual radar turns out not to be sufficient.

Problems with aircraft or fuel are in the Flight Details dropdown, which itself turns red, at the top of the screen.

Hi Tim,
I’m with Ken in that point. I found the MSA warnings in the warning tab very helpful. It showed me which altitude I had to correct a leg to to be on the safe side. Virtual radar shows me I’m below MSA, but doesn’t show me the altitude to climb to.
Eric

Hi Tim,
I also agree that MSA warnings in the Warnings Tab are very useful as a safety feature when planning a trip.  Being able to highlight the leg and then raise the MSA to required level with one button click is helpful.

Suggestion: Include an additional Checkbox (e.g. 'Include MSA warnings in Warnings Tab' or similar) under 'Setup->Planning Options->Minimum Safe Altitudes' [Android] that allows users to decide whether they wish to review MSA warnings or not in the Warnings Tab.

Regards,
Martin.

C401
C401
Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)Too Much Forum (647 reputation)
All I will add is that even having read this, it still took me a bit of time to see the outline on the virtual radar. Regardless of the MSA warning appearing elsewhere, the red outline is just no where near prominent enough in my opinion.
Ken
K
Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)Too Much Forum (288 reputation)
I have just installed version 3.14.8.283. Many thanks for taking on board these comments and adding MSA warnings back in.

Thanks also for your SkyEcho functionality,

Ken

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search