Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

DFS German VFR AIP Chapters Missing

Author
T
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I'm using SkyDemon with German DFS VFR AIP subscription. So far so good. But I'm missing the VFR Chapters such as GEN, ENR and SUP. In my understanding they should be in "My FHB's"  -> DFS German VFR AIP, but there are only the Chapters SUP and AD. Where are the other chapters?
It seems to me that in the SkyDemon Menu "National AIPs -> Germany" there are the IFR AIP but not the VFR AIP. E.g. there should be a chapter GEN 1-16, which is in my hardcopy of the German AIP VFR, but it is not in the National AIPs.

Many thanks for your help.
BR,

John_Boy

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Hello, the product we license from Eisenschmidt for sale in SkyDemon consists of aerodrome information and SUPs. The ENR portions of the VFR AIP are not included.
fzahn
f
Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)
Hi Tim,

it should be said, that the Skydemon-addon for the DFS VFR approach charts is also cheaper compared to the complete AIP VFR, which DFS offers. So the advantage of only having the aerodrome information and the SUP is the cheaper price....

But: For some of us it would be of interest to have access to the complete AIP VFR. Would it be a possible option to have this as addon ?
If yes, perhaps you can make a deal with DFS/Eisenschmidt.....

Regards,
Florian

achimoe
a
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)
fzahn - 8/12/2020 12:33:57 PM
Hi Tim,

it should be said, that the Skydemon-addon for the DFS VFR approach charts is also cheaper compared to the complete AIP VFR, which DFS offers. So the advantage of only having the aerodrome information and the SUP is the cheaper price....

But: For some of us it would be of interest to have access to the complete AIP VFR. Would it be a possible option to have this as addon ?

Regards,
Florian

I second this idea. I would be interested.
Regards,
Achim

Flo
F
Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)Too Much Forum (78 reputation)

fzahn - 8/12/2020 12:33:57 PM
Hi Tim,

Regards,
Florian

Hi,

In addition to this reply, DFS and Eisenschmidt annouced that the AIP VFR will be changed completely to digital versions by end of 2020 (no more paper versions available and supported). So, I am pretty sure that most of the SD users in Germany would love to have the complete AIP VFR available in SD only.  (I would *g*)

https://www.eisenschmidt.aero/aip-vfr  (only available in German unfortunately)

BR
Florian

Edited 8/13/2020 8:18:39 AM by Flo
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I will ask them.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Eisenschmidt confirm that if you want the other parts of their VFR AIP, you have to buy it from them.

The only parts that are licensed for inclusion in products like SkyDemon are the aerodrome charts and associated text (and SUPs).

ulin
u
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
I do have a similar problem as John_Boy
Other than him, there are not only chapters missing, but the entire VFR-AIP. Even though I have a subscription for the German VFR AIP, it does not appear any more in my documents. I can't tell, after which program-update this happened, but the entire German VFR-AIP has disappeared. It used to be dsiplayed above all the other (regular) national AIPs in the document browser (Windows). Now it's gone in both, the Windows and the Android version.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Try logging out and back in again.
ulin
u
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/5/2020 8:27:10 AM
Try logging out and back in again.

Thanks - that solved the problem!
Sorry, should have tried that before bothering you.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search