SkyDemon Forums

DFS German VFR AIP Chapters Missing

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic31803.aspx

By ulin - 10/4/2020 8:32:07 PM

I do have a similar problem as John_Boy
Other than him, there are not only chapters missing, but the entire VFR-AIP. Even though I have a subscription for the German VFR AIP, it does not appear any more in my documents. I can't tell, after which program-update this happened, but the entire German VFR-AIP has disappeared. It used to be dsiplayed above all the other (regular) national AIPs in the document browser (Windows). Now it's gone in both, the Windows and the Android version.
By Tim Dawson - 10/5/2020 8:27:10 AM

Try logging out and back in again.
By ulin - 10/6/2020 9:24:20 AM

Tim Dawson - 10/5/2020 8:27:10 AM
Try logging out and back in again.

Thanks - that solved the problem!
Sorry, should have tried that before bothering you.

By Hacho - 6/4/2021 5:15:38 AM

Tim Dawson - 8/13/2020 2:52:56 PM
Eisenschmidt confirm that if you want the other parts of their VFR AIP, you have to buy it from them.

The only parts that are licensed for inclusion in products like SkyDemon are the aerodrome charts and associated text (and SUPs).

I just bought the DFS GERMAN VFR AIP subscription. However, even the Aerodrone Information is incomplete. For EDFL the chart shows a displaced threshold for runway 07, reducing the landing distance massively.  However, the chart lacks information on TORA and LDA - where do I get this information ? 
In contrast for EDFB the full informations are displayed.

By Tim Dawson - 6/4/2021 8:52:37 AM

The Aerodrome Chart for EDFL contains full TORA and LDA information. Where are you looking?
By Hacho - 6/4/2021 5:50:39 PM

Tim Dawson - 6/4/2021 8:52:37 AM
The Aerodrome Chart for EDFL contains full TORA and LDA information. Where are you looking?

I am looking in the aerodrome part of SD and click on DFS Aerodrome chart - please see attachment. The TORA and LDA information is always cut off on an ipad. After puzzling around I have done the same thing on the SD desktop version- there the full infomration is displayed. However, since most of the people work with the ipad when flying this problem seems to be linked to the mobile sd version. 
By Hacho - 6/4/2021 5:55:33 PM

Hacho - 6/4/2021 5:50:39 PM
Tim Dawson - 6/4/2021 8:52:37 AM

I am looking in the aerodrome part of SD and click on DFS Aerodrome chart - please see attachment. The TORA and LDA information is always cut off on an ipad. After puzzling around I have done the same thing on the SD desktop version- there the full infomration is displayed. However, since most of the people work with the ipad when flying this problem seems to be linked to the mobile sd version. 

Ok I got it - this is just related to the georeferenced display mode. If I select in the ipad version only the aerodrome chart (not the geo-reference button) then the full information is also displayed on the ipad. Problem resolved, sorry for discussing this. 
By Tim Dawson - 6/7/2021 9:04:25 AM

Glad you resolved the problem. Yes, the georeferenced mode is designed to only show the map part of the plate.
By John_Boy - 8/11/2020 11:22:00 AM

Hello,

I'm using SkyDemon with German DFS VFR AIP subscription. So far so good. But I'm missing the VFR Chapters such as GEN, ENR and SUP. In my understanding they should be in "My FHB's"  -> DFS German VFR AIP, but there are only the Chapters SUP and AD. Where are the other chapters?
It seems to me that in the SkyDemon Menu "National AIPs -> Germany" there are the IFR AIP but not the VFR AIP. E.g. there should be a chapter GEN 1-16, which is in my hardcopy of the German AIP VFR, but it is not in the National AIPs.

Many thanks for your help.
BR,

John_Boy