Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

EDWR (Borkum) DFS Aerodrome Map - georeferencing is off

Author
W
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there!
I flew to Borkum (EDWR) yesterday using SkyDemon, and as I susually do, opened the DFS aerodrome map in the navigation screen after landing (great feature, by the way!!!) Unfortunately, the positioning of this map seems to be off by about 50-100m: the DFS map showed me having landed beside the runway, although I'm pretty sure I would have noticed... I checked afterwards loading the track into the PC version of SkyDemon, and see the same problem. The positioning of the aerodrome in the standard SkyDemon map is fine, as you can see from the two screenshots attached ( they show the same track, once with the standard map, and once with the DFS map superimposed).

And since I'm already at it: I was also in Juist (EDWJ). There I noticed that the DFS aerodrome map can be opened as PDF, but it cannot be superimposed on the nav screen. I suppose this is because of missing georeference data? Could it be fixed?

Thank you!

Attachments
01_Borkum_EDWR_SkyDemon_Map.png (347 views, 60.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We have spoken to DFS and Eisenschmidt about this and we have confirmation there is an error in their document. They have said they will correct this as soon as possible. In the meantime we have removed the georeferencing from it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search