Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Planning "triangle route" with "land here" funtionality

Author
F
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I plan a "triangle route" route via 2 aditional Airports (Start at my Home Airport, first landing on Airport A, second Landing on Airport B and third landing on my home Airport).
On my planned route i mark the 3 Aports with "land here". Now i get 3 different routes (1st Route: Home Airport->Airport A, 2nd Route: Airport A->Airport B, 3rd Route: Airport B-> Home Airport).
My question: Can i get a route for the complete way (includind all Airports) as overview?

Many Thanks,
Frank
Scoobydoo
S
Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)
Hello Frank,

I was asking the same question and got the response of SD, that it is only possible to get the whole triangle calculation if you take out the land here function. In my opinion it would be a real nice feature to set up, if you plan a longer tour with multiple stops.

Best regards
Dirk
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Why not just create three separate routes?
Home Airport to Airport A
Airport A to airport B
Airport B to airport C
Airport C to home
At least that way you have short, relevant, pilots logs for each sector.
Tony

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
I’m not actually sure what the OP is asking for in an ‘overview’.  The overview is there on the screen, with the ‘active’ segment highlighted and fuel and W&B for just that segment.

Do you mean one a Plog for the whole route of three segments, with fuel and W&B calculations for the whole thing? It starts to get very complicated if options like that start to be considered. 

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
There is a reason flights with ‚land here‘ are split into legs - that is simply the way flights are recorded since the early days of global agreement on using the air for travel. The only reason to have ‚an overview‘ outside the individual flights preparation is beyond the aim of flying and solely related to ground interests (i.e. get back home in the evening). I doubt we all want this in a moving map navigation solution.

If you really need an overview of a total route of several legs, do one separate without ‚land here‘. There is no way you can prepare several legs into one flight preparation, quite easy - there is no reliable turn around time for ground ops on GA flights (sorry, no scheduled peeing in GA).

Edited 2/17/2020 10:21:23 AM by MarkusM
Frank_B
F
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Hi,
i relly meant ONE route with two further "landing points"!
Disadvantage of the actual solution:
Today i plan the dicussed route for a special day, with two successively following legs.
When i now change the planned flight date for one of the three legs, the planned flight date of the other ones don´t get changed! They keep the old date! So i have to change the date for all three legs seperately!

I hope my bad english is understandable ;-)

Regards,
Frank
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Since you've set a date and time for all your legs, how could SkyDemon possibly automatically change the dates and times of your other two legs when you change one? We cannot know what your intentions are.
Frank_B
F
Hi Tim,
first i made one "triangle" route (with 2 airports as "marker").
This route has one date.
Later i maked the 2 airports with "land here". Now i had a route with three legs and three dates.....

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon does not assign takeoff dates/times for the new sectors created when you use "Land Here".

If you think you're seeing it do so, perhaps you could document a precise example for us here? We can then investigate it for you and find out what's going wrong. Thanks!

gilbert
g
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
I think the request for this functionalty is simple. In the case of e.g. one day trip with multiple landings,  we should all be able to figure out ourselves planned fuel, t/o and landing times for each leg.
All I would ask Sydemon to do is being able to summarize all legs (once planned and verified) in one file, for example for printing the complete trip on a map or for sharing the trip by e-mail. It is annoying having to share each leg in a separate file to send e g. as attachment. 
To be clear : Each leg is planned and stays seperately, nobody asks Skydemon to link the leg parameters and re-calculate all legs if one leg is changed.
However, Skydemon should add a feature to re-group all indivudual legs in one file  for viewing only.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search