Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Planning "triangle route" with "land here" funtionality

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We're certainly open to doing so, but the requirement isn't very clear at the moment. Are you talking about some kind of all-encompassing PLOG?
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/13/2020 8:56:31 AM
We're certainly open to doing so, but the requirement isn't very clear at the moment. Are you talking about some kind of all-encompassing PLOG?

I understand the question as follows: currently when you do do a briefing pack it only provides the information of the current leg (when you have multiple legs via "land here"). The request is to have the information of all legs in the briefing pack in order to have all information available at one place.
I think it could indeed be interesting to a have all information of the different legs grouped in a way or another to check your preparation (eg. if you do not plan to refuel at intermediate stop starting fuel of leg 2 is arrival fuel of leg 1, the coherence between the expected arrival time of leg 1 vs expected departure time of leg 2, ...) I would not expect SD to make any decision but only for me to have an overview where I can check that all is according to what I have in mind.
I wonder if it would be better the collate or not the info (eg. plog and WB in brifeing): would it better to have:
-plog leg1, WB leg 1, plog leg 2 WB leg 2 or
-plog leg1, plog leg 2, WB leg 1, WB leg 2.... or even something else - an oveview page with the main information of the different legs ? For the latter I would like expeted departure and arrival time, expected durartion , departure and arrival fuell, expected fuell usage (would choose taxi+trip+contigency for this latter)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It sounds like potentially quite a complicated feature. Please bear in mind that only a small percentage of SkyDemon users even use the "land here" functionality, which does influence how we prioritise potential work to enhance it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search