Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Automatic Overlay of Georeferenced Charts

Author
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 11/6/2019 11:40:05 AM
I must be confused, because we haven't changed any behaviour in this area for at least a year or two. It's the way it has always worked.

It's quite simple really. With "Automatically Show Georeferenced Plates" enabled and prior to the introduction of SD vectored mapping of airfields in the base map, my Pooley's georeferenced plates were shown overlaid as expected. Since the introduction of SD vectored mapping of airfields in the base map, my Pooley's georeferenced plates are no longer displayed. I would simply like the former functionality restored. That is to say, with "Automatically Show Georeferenced Plates" enabled I expect my Pooley's georeferenced plates to be displayed, over riding SD's built-in vector mapping. Georeferenced VAC's are automatically displayed, so why not Pooley's plates? Essentially, there is no difference. Both sets of charts are georeferenced, but for some reason, it appears that Pooley's plates being discriminated against!

I appreciate that the status quo has probably been in place for quite a while, but I have only raised this now, because I was getting increasingly frustrated with having to manually overlay my Pooley's plates when "Automatically Show Georeferenced Plates" is enabled and it not happening!

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Your feedback has been noted.

We only introduced the "Automatically Show Georeferenced Plates" button to allow people to STOP the automatic display of georeferenced plates. Before, it was set to true all the time. And the behaviour you're seeing with airfield diagrams (from any publisher) was the same.

Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/11/2019 12:14:28 PM

We only introduced the "Automatically Show Georeferenced Plates" button to allow people to STOP the automatic display of georeferenced plates. Before, it was set to true all the time. And the behaviour you're seeing with airfield diagrams (from any publisher) was the same.

Hi Tim and Sky Painter,

I just dropped a new topic concerning that, I think - not knowing that you´re discussing this already (as far I can see the point in this topic. See here what I wrote a few minutes before: http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic30074.aspx

In my opinion it is quite the same subject. The airfield(s) I refer to are EDML and LOWS. Both have also vector-based taxiways etc.

Thanks for reading,
Renzo

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/11/2019 12:14:28 PM

Hi Tim

I am disappointed to note that after all this time, this issue has still not been addressed. Do I have any hope at all that it will be addressed in the near future, or am I on a hiding to nothing?

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We've no plans to change this behaviour, due to reasons already explained earlier in this thread.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Tim Dawson - 9/7/2020 9:47:35 AM
We've no plans to change this behaviour, due to reasons already explained earlier in this thread.

So what's the point of having an option to "Automatically display georeferenced charts" when it doesn't behave as one would expect!!!

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
See my post five posts above this one.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Tim Dawson - 9/8/2020 8:55:59 AM
See my post five posts above this one.

This is soooo frustrating! I could refer you back to a couple of my posts, but let's not get into a virtual game of ping-pong! This is NOT a feature request. All I am asking for is for former functionality to be restored. In your reply to me posted on Monday 11 November 2019, you said "Your feedback has been noted" Perhaps that should read "Your feedback has been noted – and will be ignored"

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
When we note feedback, it is so that we can carefully monitor potential issues to see if they really are issues. That means that a significant proportion of users have to feel that a behaviour is incorrect before we would take action to do something about it.

In this thread you have described a behaviour that is by design, one that has in fact always been by design, and one that we would not change unless we thought it was disliked by lots of our users.

Your feedback is not ignored, but that doesn't mean we are going to make changes to the way SkyDemon works just because you want us to.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Tim Dawson - 9/10/2020 9:40:52 AM
When we note feedback, it is so that we can carefully monitor potential issues to see if they really are issues. That means that a significant proportion of users have to feel that a behaviour is incorrect before we would take action to do something about it.

In this thread you have described a behaviour that is by design, one that has in fact always been by design, and one that we would not change unless we thought it was disliked by lots of our users.

Your feedback is not ignored, but that doesn't mean we are going to make changes to the way SkyDemon works just because you want us to.

Tim

Firstly, please accept my apologies if I seemed to come across a bit stroppy – it's only out of frustration!

Simply put, there was a time when georeferenced Pooley's plates were automatically displayed. Now they are not. And I am finding it very hard to understand why you are so reluctant to reinstate previous functionality which was only lost after the introduction of vectored mapping of airfields in the base map.

I know I'm labouring the point, but this is my last word on the subject and, somewhat reluctantly, I accept your position. Henceforth, I will bite my tongue, unless invited to comment further!

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search