SkyDemon Forums

Automatic Overlay of Georeferenced Charts

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic29561.aspx

By Sky Painter - 9/7/2020 2:44:27 PM

Tim Dawson - 9/7/2020 9:47:35 AM
We've no plans to change this behaviour, due to reasons already explained earlier in this thread.

So what's the point of having an option to "Automatically display georeferenced charts" when it doesn't behave as one would expect!!!
By Tim Dawson - 9/8/2020 8:55:59 AM

See my post five posts above this one.
By Sky Painter - 9/8/2020 10:39:17 AM

Tim Dawson - 9/8/2020 8:55:59 AM
See my post five posts above this one.

This is soooo frustrating! I could refer you back to a couple of my posts, but let's not get into a virtual game of ping-pong! This is NOT a feature request. All I am asking for is for former functionality to be restored. In your reply to me posted on Monday 11 November 2019, you said "Your feedback has been noted" Perhaps that should read "Your feedback has been noted – and will be ignored"
By Tim Dawson - 9/10/2020 9:40:52 AM

When we note feedback, it is so that we can carefully monitor potential issues to see if they really are issues. That means that a significant proportion of users have to feel that a behaviour is incorrect before we would take action to do something about it.

In this thread you have described a behaviour that is by design, one that has in fact always been by design, and one that we would not change unless we thought it was disliked by lots of our users.

Your feedback is not ignored, but that doesn't mean we are going to make changes to the way SkyDemon works just because you want us to.
By Sky Painter - 9/10/2020 10:57:04 AM

Tim Dawson - 9/10/2020 9:40:52 AM
When we note feedback, it is so that we can carefully monitor potential issues to see if they really are issues. That means that a significant proportion of users have to feel that a behaviour is incorrect before we would take action to do something about it.

In this thread you have described a behaviour that is by design, one that has in fact always been by design, and one that we would not change unless we thought it was disliked by lots of our users.

Your feedback is not ignored, but that doesn't mean we are going to make changes to the way SkyDemon works just because you want us to.

Tim

Firstly, please accept my apologies if I seemed to come across a bit stroppy – it's only out of frustration!

Simply put, there was a time when georeferenced Pooley's plates were automatically displayed. Now they are not. And I am finding it very hard to understand why you are so reluctant to reinstate previous functionality which was only lost after the introduction of vectored mapping of airfields in the base map.

I know I'm labouring the point, but this is my last word on the subject and, somewhat reluctantly, I accept your position. Henceforth, I will bite my tongue, unless invited to comment further!
By pilot-byom - 9/12/2020 10:13:19 AM

Just to make the feature request more concrete: requesting to support .mbtiles (DOT MBTILES) files for georeferenced and ICAO-code-attachable user documents.
By Sky Painter - 10/10/2019 10:46:19 AM

I have "Automatically Show Georeferenced Plates" enabled and I have a subscription to Pooleys. It used to be the case that when approaching an airfield, the Pooleys plate would be loaded and overlaid on the chart, but recently, SD's own plate has been loaded and overlaid on the chart instead. I understand that this is the default  and it cannot be changed. Since my preference is for the Pooleys plate to be automatically loaded and overlaid on the chart, I would like to request this as a user selectable option please. I am sure that users of other flight guides would appreciate the option too.