Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Improvements to pilot log

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Smile

How about if SD publishES a de-duplicated list of feature requests that people could vote for. This means there’s some quality control and feasibility testing done. A bit like Kickstarter.

Otherwise I agree, you’re missing out on people reading some one else’s idea and realising it’s a good one
Edited 9/22/2019 10:48:16 AM by marioair
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's not pointless, it's just much, much less valuable than following our actual support channels.

This forum is basically a gateway to other SkyDemon users, and (sometimes) to me directly. Nothing more and nothing less.

marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/24/2019 10:27:06 AM
It's not pointless, it's just much, much less valuable than following our actual support channels.

This forum is basically a gateway to other SkyDemon users, and (sometimes) to me directly. Nothing more and nothing less.

Tim - what I meant was, your support channel (which is fantastic) will give you data on people having problems with existing features - brilliant for your ITIL style continuous improvement. 

But doesn't it shut down crowd sourcing the "wild card" and "out of the box" idea generation? Unless you're running other focus groups and ideation initiatives behind the scenes. Look at the Apple story which is a prime example. 

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Tim,

What do you mean by ‘actual support channel’? Is that fb? In this case you run the risk of not catching a lot of voices, as many of us are not part of that community.

Just my tuppence.

Eric
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
I suspect he means the support email address.

Andy

jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Should we thus send a message to support to request this feature ? I am quite confused...

marioair
m
jfw - 9/25/2019 2:06:02 PM
Should we thus send a message to support to request this feature ? I am quite confused...
BigGrin

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Sure, go ahead. All internet forums are self-selecting groups of people and are not representative of the spectrum of customers as a whole. We treat Facebook in the same way. We seem to have done OK over the last ten years with our existing approach to sourcing ideas and improvements. I've done plenty of stuff inspired from this forum, too; it's just not the best way.
marioair
m
Tim sorry I’m confused - what is the best way to get an idea considered? It sounds like you are saying we have to contact support directly? I’m happy to do that if that’s what your requesting people to do - but you’ve not said that anywhere.

The blurb for this very forum states:
“Suggestions and Beta Discussion
If you have an idea for a new feature, or an idea for an improvement to an existing feature, post it here for discussion with other SkyDemon users.”

You’re basically saying we can post ideas but there’s some other better secret way of getting it considered!
Edited 9/27/2019 9:42:21 AM by marioair
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
marioair - 9/27/2019 9:40:56 AM
Tim sorry I’m confused - what is the best way to get an idea considered? It sounds like you are saying we have to contact support directly? I’m happy to do that if that’s what your requesting people to do - but you’ve not said that anywhere.

The blurb for this very forum states:
“Suggestions and Beta Discussion
If you have an idea for a new feature, or an idea for an improvement to an existing feature, post it here for discussion with other SkyDemon users.”

You’re basically saying we can post ideas but there’s some other better secret way of getting it considered!

No I think that what Tim suggests is that if a lot of persons are making a suggestion directly via support this will be more considered than a few likes on the forum. While I understand the way of the thinking I am not convinced that this is the most efficient way to grasp new suggestions. Although I have no universal answer...
I still believe that making suggestion on the forum is the least worse solution as others can see your suggestions and react on it. All persons linking the idea should be more vocal on it in order to ensure it creates sufficient traction so it is considered by SD for development.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search