Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon and SkyEcho 2

Author
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
b3nn0 reselase is absolutely fantastic and works flawlessy. Currently I'm using 1.5b2-eu004 (last official release as for today).

Very good job b3enn0!

Massimo Belloni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Yes, I meant its ADS/B output too. We have never seen anything to support the notion that it isn't allowed in Europe. It's a standard aviation message being transmitted on a standard aviation frequency.
Alf
Alf
Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/9/2019 9:55:57 AM
Yes, I meant its ADS/B output too. We have never seen anything to support the notion that it isn't allowed in Europe. It's a standard aviation message being transmitted on a standard aviation frequency.

Hi Tim,

I agree, I haven´t seen such a law either. The SE2 manual irritates me, see attached.

BR,
Alf

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
A shame, they are rather shooting themselves in the foot there.
tmmtaha75
t
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Alf - 6/5/2019 8:07:36 PM
TouchTheSky - 6/5/2019 8:00:05 PM
Alf - 6/5/2019 7:53:09 PM
TouchTheSky - 6/5/2019 6:32:29 PM
tnowak - 6/5/2019 8:04:40 AM
Hi Alf,

I also fly a vintage aircraft with no electrical system.
However I do have a Trig TT21 transponder with ADS-B out connection, Trig TY91 8.33 VHF radio and also a Horis 80 AHRS.
I power this equipment using a 12V 5.2AH Li-Ion battery which lasts at least 8 flying hours between re-charges.

So it is possible to be equipped with a transponders etc. without a full aircraft electrical system.

I am still undecided which way to go with having an electronic conspicuity receiver capability.
I like the SE2 but it can only detect ADS-B and FLARM. Also I would need to disable the SE2 Mode-S transmissions as I have a transponder.
PAW is on the list and will be interesting to see how the new MLAT capability works.
Tony

I think it is worth mentioning here that a Stratux Europe version has now been created:

Thanks for the hint, I have never heard something about Stratux. Sounds interesting. Is there an advantage compared to SkyEcho 2?
Thanks for clarification.
BR

Well, BoM (bill of material) is less than € 150, it receives ADS-B and FLARM and connects to all major EFBs including SD over GDL90 protocol. Several sources offer ready-to-fly versions for € 279 or DIY kits for € 225
Furthermore there are a couple of folks (including myself) that maintain the code and develop it further.

Thank you for the quick reply. You folks are great, really like this. My question was more towards: Does it have the same functionality as SkyEcho 2 with the FEB 2019 Firmware, ADS-B in/out, Flarm AND Mode S/C bearingless reception?
Cheers,
Alf

Sky Echo 2 does NOT have the ability to show bearingless targets. They scrapped that trial feature.
Alf
Alf
Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)
tmmtaha75 - 9/21/2019 10:59:08 AM
Alf - 6/5/2019 8:07:36 PM
TouchTheSky - 6/5/2019 8:00:05 PM
Alf - 6/5/2019 7:53:09 PM
TouchTheSky - 6/5/2019 6:32:29 PM
tnowak - 6/5/2019 8:04:40 AM
Hi Alf,

I also fly a vintage aircraft with no electrical system.
However I do have a Trig TT21 transponder with ADS-B out connection, Trig TY91 8.33 VHF radio and also a Horis 80 AHRS.
I power this equipment using a 12V 5.2AH Li-Ion battery which lasts at least 8 flying hours between re-charges.

So it is possible to be equipped with a transponders etc. without a full aircraft electrical system.

I am still undecided which way to go with having an electronic conspicuity receiver capability.
I like the SE2 but it can only detect ADS-B and FLARM. Also I would need to disable the SE2 Mode-S transmissions as I have a transponder.
PAW is on the list and will be interesting to see how the new MLAT capability works.
Tony

I think it is worth mentioning here that a Stratux Europe version has now been created:

Thanks for the hint, I have never heard something about Stratux. Sounds interesting. Is there an advantage compared to SkyEcho 2?
Thanks for clarification.
BR

Well, BoM (bill of material) is less than € 150, it receives ADS-B and FLARM and connects to all major EFBs including SD over GDL90 protocol. Several sources offer ready-to-fly versions for € 279 or DIY kits for € 225
Furthermore there are a couple of folks (including myself) that maintain the code and develop it further.

Thank you for the quick reply. You folks are great, really like this. My question was more towards: Does it have the same functionality as SkyEcho 2 with the FEB 2019 Firmware, ADS-B in/out, Flarm AND Mode S/C bearingless reception?
Cheers,
Alf

Sky Echo 2 does NOT have the ability to show bearingless targets. They scrapped that trial feature.

Not if you stay with firmware from 2/8/2019 Cool

EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
I use the ADSB out everytime I fly with aircraft without this possibility. Regardless if this is permitted or not, no one will check this! If all SE2 owners do the same, it will be more crowded on de SD display, and safer in the air.
Once I forgot the change the HEX and REG in SE2, so later on I discovered my flight in Flightradar24 tracked as 2 flights. The MLAT from the aircraft transponder was a very short line compared to the ADSB track, this was tracked almost from takeoff till landing.Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search