Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon and SkyEcho 2

Author
Terence Scotcher
Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I currently use SD on an iPad with an external Bluetooth GPS device (Garmin GLO).
If I buy a SkyEcho 2 can I use that for GPS position data instead?
That would mean one fewer devices to cope with.

Under 'Setup/Thrid-Party Devices' SD says do not connect the SkyEcho 2 if you are using a Bluetooth GPS receiver.
I wonder why that is; I understand the SkyEcho connects with WiFi rather than BT, but I don't see why that would be a problem.

Terry

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Yes, the SkyEcho 2 will work as your GPS source meaning the GLO is not necessary.
Terence Scotcher
Terence Scotcher
Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)
That's great, thanks.
I'll go ahead and order one.

TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/20/2019 10:48:08 AM
Yes, the SkyEcho 2 will work as your GPS source meaning the GLO is not necessary.

My (non-SIM) iPad is connected to the Internet via WiFi through portable personal WiFi modem (Huawei Mobile WiFi Pro2).

If I connect the SkyEcho 2 (or any other ADS-B IN receiver that connects via WiFi) via WiFi to the iPad, will I still be able to have my iPad connected to the Internet (e.g., for weather updates). Would I not have to choose one WiFi network over the other?

Thommy
T
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)

Hello
 I am using a SkyEcho2 with SD in Germany, but unfortunately I have not received any other Aircraft so far.

Maybe more experienced user   can help me?

My Set-up:
I set-up the box to receive ADS-B on the first receiver and FLARM at the second receiver.
My flight was from EDTO (Germany) to LSZF (Switzerland). I use SD and have also purchased the FLARM decoder.
The WIFI link was ok since the GPS Signal was received.
The weather was very good so we spotted up to 15 gliders and more than 20 aircrafts (some even close by)
Skyecho was on the front window (C172N) in an upright position as recommended.
My observations:
-        The GPS Signal was up to 12 minutes not valid so I have track gaps in recording
-        Skydemon was set “to show” even bearing less targets, but no aircraft at all was shown.
-        No aircraft was forewarned
I hope you can tell my what I did wrong …

I also send a request to the Uavionix Team but no answer since two weeks I got only a “Ticket number”. Also the phone answers only an Answering machine …

Thank you and
Regards 

Thomas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Are you absolutely sure that when you pressed Go Flying in SkyDemon, you subsequently selected SkyEcho 2 instead of Location Services?
Thommy
T
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/7/2019 11:22:19 AM
Are you absolutely sure that when you pressed Go Flying in SkyDemon, you subsequently selected SkyEcho 2 instead of Location Services?

Hi Tim 

Thanks for your answer
Yes I set up SD and skyecho several times to make sure that SD ist using skyecho ... for me it looks perfect but no aircraft was shown 
In the meantime I tried it again but no traffic at all was shown
I also reset skyecho but no changes 
Greetings Thomas

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Thomas,

Christian Ramsey at Uavionix is very helpful and usually respond quickly to e-mails:

Tony

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
tnowak - 4/8/2019 7:36:33 AM
Thomas,

Christian Ramsey at Uavionix is very helpful and usually respond quickly to e-mails:

Tony

When reading through the SkyEcho 2 manual, I got a little bit confused about the setting "ADS-B In Capability". In section 8.3.8 the manual says this is for TIS-B only and does not apply for UK. So far so good, I understand that the UK trial only provides FIS-B weather but why can 1090ES be selected here? Is there any service that provides TIS-B through ground stations using 1090 MHz? Furthermore if the second receiver is anyway configured to receive 978 UAT (instead of FLARM), what sense does the setting "ADS-B In Capability" then make? Did I miss anything?

Thommy
T
tnowak - 4/8/2019 7:36:33 AM
Thomas,

Tony

Thank you, I just wrote him an E-Mail … will see
Thomas

Edited 4/8/2019 4:12:19 PM by Thommy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore