Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon freezes or crashes when connected to WiFi

Author
b
Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Did that - also happens in the latest beta, by the way.

ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
The problem is unfortunately still present under Android with the current version of SkyDemon (3.12.7.22564). I've tested on four devices now:
* Motorola G5 Plus
* Motorola G7 Plus
* Kindle Fire HD 8
* Kindle Fire HD 10

I've tried various settings in both Stratux and SkyDemon. Whenever SkyDemon is connected to the Stratux wifi, it freezes. On iOS everything works as expected.

I'm quite desperate to get this working for safety reasons. Tim / SkyDemon support, would you be able to look into this please?

b3nn0
b
Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)
ZorgroZ - 6/15/2019 5:04:24 PM
The problem is unfortunately still present under Android with the current version of SkyDemon (3.12.7.22564). I've tested on four devices now:
* Motorola G5 Plus
* Motorola G7 Plus
* Kindle Fire HD 8
* Kindle Fire HD 10

I've tried various settings in both Stratux and SkyDemon. Whenever SkyDemon is connected to the Stratux wifi, it freezes. On iOS everything works as expected.

I'm quite desperate to get this working for safety reasons. Tim / SkyDemon support, would you be able to look into this please?

I had a quite lengthy discussion with their support until they finally admitted it was a bug in SD.
Anyway, you have two options:
1) Install the latest Stratux European Edition image on your Stratux, which contains a workaround (it configures Android's network interface slightly different): https://github.com/b3nn0/stratux/releases
OR
2) Install the latest SD beta for Android, where they have fixed the issue properly:

ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
b3nn0 - 6/15/2019 6:04:39 PM
* Motorola G5 Plus
* Motorola G7 Plus
* Kindle Fire HD 8
* Kindle Fire HD 10

I had a quite lengthy discussion with their support until they finally admitted it was a bug in SD.
1) Install the latest Stratux European Edition image on your Stratux, which contains a workaround (it configures Android's network interface slightly different): https://github.com/b3nn0/stratux/releases
OR
2) Install the latest SD beta for Android, where they have fixed the issue properly:

Thanks b3nn0. I just tried the latest version of your European Stratux release, but the problem is still there, on both my Kindle Fire HD 8 and my Motorola Moto G7 Plus.

(I didn't see a configuration setting for "SkyDemon Android disconnect bug workaround", so I changed /etc/stratux.conf directly, setting the corresponding variable to "true". That should be ok, right?

Will now try the latest SkyDemon beta and report back.

ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ - 6/15/2019 7:58:43 PM
* Motorola G5 Plus
* Motorola G7 Plus
* Kindle Fire HD 8
* Kindle Fire HD 10

OR

Thanks b3nn0. I just tried the latest version of your European Stratux release, but the problem is still there, on both my Kindle Fire HD 8 and my Motorola Moto G7 Plus.

(I didn't see a configuration setting for "SkyDemon Android disconnect bug workaround", so I changed /etc/stratux.conf directly, setting the corresponding variable to "true". That should be ok, right?

Combination of latest SkyDemon beta and your latest Stratux image seems to work on both Kindle Fire HD8 and Motorola Moto G7 Plus. No freezes observed in more than ten minutes.

Will do a test flight tomorrow and let you know if any further issues.

Edited 6/15/2019 8:24:42 PM by ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ - 6/15/2019 8:24:02 PM
ZorgroZ - 6/15/2019 7:58:43 PM
* Motorola G5 Plus
* Motorola G7 Plus
* Kindle Fire HD 8
* Kindle Fire HD 10

OR

Combination of latest SkyDemon beta and your latest Stratux image seems to work on both Kindle Fire HD8 and Motorola Moto G7 Plus. No freezes observed in more than ten minutes.

Will do a test flight tomorrow and let you know if any further issues.

Reporting no issues in 3.5 hours of flight. Tried both my Motorola Moto G7 Plus and my Kindle Fire HD8.

The Stratux saw both ADS-B and Flarm signals.

Thanks b3nn0 for your great work on the European Stratux image (I hope you will continue maintaining it), and to SkyDemon for fixing this long-standing issue!

Edited 6/17/2019 8:45:29 PM by ZorgroZ
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search