Since the latest update of SD and iOS I have a problem downloading/updating AIP-data. I encounter the issue both on an iPad 4 mini as well as on an iPhone 8. Both devices have the latest iOS 12.0.1 and the latest version of SD 126.96.36.199. Also, I encounter this regardless of the WLAN or internet connection used (home, two different offices and hotel).
The download of the AIP does work but is extremly slow when trying to download files via WLAN.
I tried a few combinations in order to get closer to the problem:
- Time required to download AIP-files into the PC-version of SD via a DSL-connection is as normal.
- Time required to download AIP-files into phone and tablet via LTE works normal (considering the amount of data to be loaded this is hardly a permanent solution).
- Time to download updates into other apps on the mobile devices via WLAN is normal.
- Time to load and open large e-mail attachements on the phone and the tablet via WLAN is normal (5 seconds for an 8MB file).
- Downloading AIP-files via WLAN into SD on the mobile devices takes forever (in excess of 45 mins for a 4MB-file).
I have tried to download different files in different country AIPs with the same result to exclude that the problem is with a single file.
The above applies both to my iPhone as well as my iPad so I presume the problem must be somewhere between iOS and SD as the WLAN-networks and DSL-connections seem to be fine and the download of files via LTE into SD also works as normal.
Short of deleting SD and re-installing it (which might become troublesome in case I thereafter still cannot load any AIP-date): Any thoughts appreciated.