Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

default POB count for flight plans

Author
Mike McPherson
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
whenever I create a flight plan it comes up with 3 POB
h‌ow can I change this?

a‌lso
w‌hen I edit an aircraft (new equipment) and click OK it doesn't seem to do anything
I‌ would expect either
a‌) a separate Save ‌button
b‌) OK to save and close the edit window

c‌heers‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
POB is estimated based on the weights you've entered in weight and balance for the seating.

On what product is the aircraft equipment window failing as you describe?

Mike McPherson
Mike McPherson
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/4/2018 10:40:12 AM
POB is estimated based on the weights you've entered in weight and balance for the seating.

On what product is the aircraft equipment window failing as you describe?

ah ok I'll check the weights
everything in my post on Windows 10 PC variant
cheers

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Ok, I've just tried editing the equipment on the PC software and the OK button seems to work as it should. Could you elaborate please on what actions you're taking, what you're expecting to happen and what is actually happening? Thanks.
Mike McPherson
Mike McPherson
Tim Dawson - 7/5/2018 11:36:02 AM
Ok, I've just tried editing the equipment on the PC software and the OK button seems to work as it should. Could you elaborate please on what actions you're taking, what you're expecting to happen and what is actually happening? Thanks.

Win 10 PC, SD 3.9.5.0
top menu click Aircraft
select one
click edit
click Equipment
scroll to click GNSS and 8.33 (G & Y)
click OK to close equipment list
click OK to close aircraft edit
- but it seems to do nothing
- click Cancel, or (x) close to make the edit box go away
I would expect close to save and close the window

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
When you say "seems to do nothing" the aircraft profile is in fact saved and your equipment changes are persisted. What exactly are you expecting to happen? I did just try exactly your steps and although there isn't a confirmation window saying "you've changed x y and z" the changes are saved as I would expect them to be.
Mike McPherson
Mike McPherson
Tim Dawson - 7/9/2018 8:34:33 AM
When you say "seems to do nothing" the aircraft profile is in fact saved and your equipment changes are persisted. What exactly are you expecting to happen? I did just try exactly your steps and although there isn't a confirmation window saying "you've changed x y and z" the changes are saved as I would expect them to be.

I was expecting Save and Close
especially as the only other button is Cancel
cheers

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I think we must be talking at cross purposes because I really don't understand the point you're making. As with most PC interfaces, the OK button commits changes and the Cancel button discards them. I am not seeing a bug here.
Mike McPherson
Mike McPherson
Tim Dawson - 7/10/2018 10:44:19 AM
I think we must be talking at cross purposes because I really don't understand the point you're making. As with most PC interfaces, the OK button commits changes and the Cancel button discards them. I am not seeing a bug here.

but but but Smile
you edit the aircraft
you hit save
all good so far
how do you now make the window go away?
only option seems to be cancel - but I don't want to cancel, cos I think that'll "cancel" my changes
(you will probably argue that the save has already happened, but that's why I think the window should disappear)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
There is no Save button on SkyDemon PC software, which you confirmed above was what you were talking about, so I'm afraid I am still in the dark here.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search