Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD crashes with PilotAware and lots of traffic

Author
Russ_H
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Any plans for a switch to turn off the ability to recieve live data whilst in go flying mode?, I still get socket errors when closing Skydemon And pop up windows with the can;t connest to internet message on my Nexus 7 2013

I do all my planning before starting my engine.

daerden
daerden
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
leemoore1966 - 9/4/2018 10:05:43 PM
What is your battery saver mode set to ?ThxLee

Thank you for the quick response, Lee.

iOS (iPad Pro)
* Display & Brightness
- Auto Lock: 5 minutes
- Lock/Unlock: activated
[But I was under the impression that this shuts off only the display, but I may be wrong]

* Battery
no sleep options available

Maybe Air Navigation Pro behaves differently, but I have not had the time to trouble shoot this.

leemoore1966
leemoore1966
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
What is your battery saver mode set to ?
Thx
Lee
daerden
daerden
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)

These are the Messages I get. SD loses connection with PilotAware Rosetta, but finds it again instantly when attempting to reconnect. Also, I think that the connection through Safari is preserved (192.128.1.1). Live Data when Planning is selected.

Will try other settings next flight.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
SkyDemon attempts to use the internet during flight if your device tells us there is an internet connection AND you have changed the default "internet usage" option to "live data when planning and flying". By default SkyDemon does not attempt internet access during flight even if your device advertises the presence of a connection.
leemoore1966
leemoore1966
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Hi Colled,
I think we need Tim or one of his team to comment further.
I know in iOS he is able to gather debug information remotely, I am not sure whether the same facility exists in Android
lets wait and see.
Thx
Lee

colled
c
Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)
colled - 7/4/2018 9:41:33 AM
leemoore1966 - 7/3/2018 3:21:41 PM
colled - 7/2/2018 9:55:29 AM
I've just added a Rosetta Piloy Aware to my Skydemon setup and now get this problem. I get the multiple warning pop ups of running offline and have had one crash with a socket error. It's quite annoying, what was the solution to stopping these warnings? I assume it's because Skydemon sees the wifi network that PAW has created and tries to download data from it but obvioulsy can't. Is there not a way it can detect the network is provided by PAW and not try to download from it?

Hi Colled
PilotAware does not advertise itself as a router, and hence the device should know that it cannot route traffic through this interface.
As far as I am aware this works on iOS, is your device Android by any chance
Thx
Lee

Yes it an Android tablet, Lenovo Tab4 8 Plus to be precise. The device does seem to know it can't route the traffic through PAW hence the error, but SD seems to still try anyway.Surely it can detect that the wifi connection is to PAW and not request internet traffic!?

Plus there is the annoying crash with a socket error, which seems to happen when stopping navigation.

colled
c
Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)Too Much Forum (64 reputation)
leemoore1966 - 7/3/2018 3:21:41 PM
I've just added a Rosetta Piloy Aware to my Skydemon setup and now get this problem. I get the multiple warning pop ups of running offline and have had one crash with a socket error. It's quite annoying, what was the solution to stopping these warnings? I assume it's because Skydemon sees the wifi network that PAW has created and tries to download data from it but obvioulsy can't. Is there not a way it can detect the network is provided by PAW and not try to download from it?

Hi Colled
PilotAware does not advertise itself as a router, and hence the device should know that it cannot route traffic through this interface.
Thx
Lee

Yes it an Android tablet, Lenovo Tab4 8 Plus to be precise. The device does seem to know it can't route the traffic through PAW hence the error, but SD seems to still try anyway.Surely it can detect that the wifi connection is to PAW and not request internet traffic!?

leemoore1966
leemoore1966

Hi Colled
Thx
Lee

colled
c

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search