Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

License for multiple devices

Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi forum, hello Tim!

I´d like to know - before I press the "install-button" ‌‌- wether the following idea works:
- I use 2 iPads with SD installed and logged in perfectly while flying‌.
- I also use SD on two WIN-PCs‌
- ‌additionally I have an android-device (my cellphone), currently without an SD installation

As I know, SD provides‌‌ 2 licenses for mobile devices and 2 for Windows-PCs which I use completely.
‌Now I ask myself:
Can I install one more‌ SD on my android-phone (as a safety-backup) and conduct a flight like this in the future:
* t/o with both ‌working iPads
* e.g due to battery failure one pad stops working
* now I´d like to swing over to my android-device and launch SD to have a second SD-device again‌, my iPad and the android.

Maybe on the next day, when the battery of the iPad is recharged, I don´t use my android version anymore but my two iPads again.

Is that working without violating the license-policy‌‌‌‌ AND without having difficulties concerning logging in/out from the SD-servers or something?

Thanks for clearing up my sky,
Renzo‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You're allowed to be logged in on two mobile devices at once. If you log in on the Android device, it will log out one of your iOS devices.

If you wish to be logged in on more than two mobile‌ devices at once you can contact us directly to enquire about corporate licenses and other license types.‌
Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/19/2017 9:32:16 AM
You're allowed to be logged in on two mobile devices at once. If you log in on the Android device, it will log out one of your iOS devices.

If you wish to be logged in on more than two mobile‌ devices at once you can contact us directly to enquire about corporate licenses and other license types.‌

Tim, could you help me out of that:
What is to do if I´d like to avoid the "the device is not properly logged in"-warning which appears when I e.g. had logged on my 2 iPads in the past AND log now my Android-phone in.

In the past I tried this:
* I worked with both iPads using SD
‌* on iPad 1 I just quit SD and switched the iPad standby.
* on iPad 2 I logged out of the SD-server (in my opinion to get a kind of "slot" for any other mobile device)
* after logging out I quit SD and did not use iPad 2.
* ‌I logged in my Android-Phone and used SD on the phone.
THEN
* I logged out SD on the Android-Phone‌‌ and quit SD
* I logged in ‌SD again on iPad 2 and got that "not properly logged in" - warning.

Why? Is there something I did not understand? Do I maybe have to register my Android-Phone seperately?

Thanks for your hints,
Renzo‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Your sequence of operations is a little confusing but I think you've perhaps missed the point. Being logged in to the SkyDemon system isn't the same as the device being switched on, or SkyDemon actually running. It means that device is logged in.

If you log in on a third mobile device, one of your first two mobile devices will become logged out‌‌, it's as simple as that.
Renzo
R
Tim Dawson - 6/5/2017 3:18:52 PM
Your sequence of operations is a little confusing but I think you've perhaps missed the point. Being logged in to the SkyDemon system isn't the same as the device being switched on, or SkyDemon actually running. It means that device is logged in.

If you log in on a third mobile device, one of your first two mobile devices will become logged out‌‌, it's as simple as that.

Sorry for coming back again but I´d loke to understand it correctly:

‌I understood that three devices are not possible at the same time.
I understand that logging in a third device logs off a previous‌ly used device.

‌Is it right that:
‌once I ran SD on any mobile device, then the *device* is "logged on" or "registered" on the SD-server-system - independent wether SD is running or logged in? So we´re talking about *hardware* which is logged in?

My question: can I log off mobile devices from the server?

Kind regards,
Renzo‌‌

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Renzo - 6/6/2017 10:12:54 AM

‌Is it right that:
‌once I ran SD on any mobile device, then the *device* is "logged on" or "registered" on the SD-server-system - independent wether SD is running or logged in? So we´re talking about *hardware* which is logged in?

Kind regards,
Renzo‌‌

Yes – go to Setup > Logout

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Renzo
R
Sky Painter - 6/6/2017 11:10:59 AM
Renzo - 6/6/2017 10:12:54 AM

‌Is it right that:

Kind regards,
Renzo‌‌

Yes – go to Setup > Logout

TNX for the info, I already did that. But when I log off one of my two iPads and log in my android-phone instead of one of the iPads AND later on I log off the android again followed by a login of the previously logged off iPad: I get the "not properloy logged in"-warning on the iPad.

I know its difficult to describe and it sounds quite complicated what I want to know. I thought my step-by-step-sequence above did the job.

Best regards,
Renzo

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Logging off on a device does nothing to its status on our server - after all, you can log off when you're not connected to the internet. It's just a way of getting you back to the start so you can log on again.

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
My understanding is that SkyDemon is licensed for two mobile devices. Not two at the same time. Two. If you want to use SkyDemon on three devices, there are three options. A - accept the need to repeatedly log in as you flout the license conditions, and hope that Tim doesn't decide to implement the published rule more strictly. B - buy a second license. C - ask Tim nicely to produce a three-device license at for a (small) additional cost.
Renzo
R
T67M - 6/7/2017 6:21:18 PM
My understanding is that SkyDemon is licensed for two mobile devices. Not two at the same time. Two. If you want to use SkyDemon on three devices, there are three options. A - accept the need to repeatedly log in as you flout the license conditions, and hope that Tim doesn't decide to implement the published rule more strictly. B - buy a second license. C - ask Tim nicely to produce a three-device license at for a (small) additional cost.

Well...
I fear that my post has been misunderstood‌.

I know that there are‌‌ 2 mobile licenses
I don´t need a third one
I just asked  for a way to avoid the warning which appears on one of my two iPads, when I previously logged in e.g. my android-device. Of course before logging in the android-device I logged off one of the iPads. Thats all I´d like to know or better: I just want to understand how the registering on the server is working. Nothing more. But maybe it is too difficult to describe what I mean (see my post here: http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost23491.aspx )

Best wishes,
Renzo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search