SkyDemon Forums

License for multiple devices

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic23325.aspx

By Renzo - 5/19/2017 12:03:47 AM

Hi forum, hello Tim!

I´d like to know - before I press the "install-button" ‌‌- wether the following idea works:
- I use 2 iPads with SD installed and logged in perfectly while flying‌.
- I also use SD on two WIN-PCs‌
- ‌additionally I have an android-device (my cellphone), currently without an SD installation

As I know, SD provides‌‌ 2 licenses for mobile devices and 2 for Windows-PCs which I use completely.
‌Now I ask myself:
Can I install one more‌ SD on my android-phone (as a safety-backup) and conduct a flight like this in the future:
* t/o with both ‌working iPads
* e.g due to battery failure one pad stops working
* now I´d like to swing over to my android-device and launch SD to have a second SD-device again‌, my iPad and the android.

Maybe on the next day, when the battery of the iPad is recharged, I don´t use my android version anymore but my two iPads again.

Is that working without violating the license-policy‌‌‌‌ AND without having difficulties concerning logging in/out from the SD-servers or something?

Thanks for clearing up my sky,
Renzo‌‌‌
By Ashkirby - 6/17/2017 12:50:33 AM

Renzo - 6/12/2017 8:27:28 AM
I don´t need a third one

If you are planning on using SkyDemon on three devices, like you have stated above, then yes I believe you do need a third mobile licence.
I‌f you simply want to use your phone as a backup in case of hardware failure, then putting up with an error message on the failed device should not really be an issue, as I would assume once back on the ground you would re-log back in on the failed device and the working iPad and this would then log-out the backup mobile.

J‌ust out of curiosity, what are you using two iPads for simultaneously showing SkyDemon in the cockpit?‌