Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Map Turns Blue Whilst Navigating

Author
U
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all,

I‌'m having a slight issue with Skydemon on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 running Android. Whilst navigating the chart turns blue and doesn't change until the chart moves. I've deleted all unneeded Maps, routes etc. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it and updated the map, still no change. Ive also deleted all unused apps and uneeded files etc of the tablet too.

H‌as anyone come across this or know of a solution?

T‌hanks for the help.
UKflyer
U
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
UKflyer - 4/29/2017 5:46:48 PM
Hello all,

I‌'m having a slight issue with Skydemon on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 running Android. Whilst navigating the chart turns blue and doesn't change until the chart moves. I've deleted all unneeded Maps, routes etc. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it and updated the map, still no change. Ive also deleted all unused apps and uneeded files etc of the tablet too.

H‌as anyone come across this or know of a solution?

T‌hanks for the help.

‌Not in navigation mode, but the same problem.

Paul_Sengupta
P
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Have you got the rain overlay on? Try selecting Weather at the top and toggling the rain overlay.

UKflyer
U
Paul_Sengupta - 5/1/2017 2:26:45 AM
Have you got the rain overlay on? Try selecting Weather at the top and toggling the rain overlay.

No the rain overlay is off. I've tried switching them all off and on but still no joy.

Edited 5/1/2017 11:08:39 AM by UKflyer
FaRu1
FaRu1
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Had and still have difficulties with the screen build-up time on my Samsung TAB S (SM-T700, Android 6.0.1).
‌Slow screen response time, then partially blue screens, eventually completely freezing. The more information like terrain, airfield charts etc the SD app has to reload when you the screen , the faster you experience a slow down.

‌But have you tried the beta version offered on the SD webpage? On my device it improves the situation.
On this site you find a link to the latest beta:
http://www.skydemon.aero/start/android.aspx‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thanks for getting in touch, is there any way you can consistently reproduce the problem? We'd like to help of course but we haven't seen the problem on our test devices, and without being able to see the problem happening we can't discover the cause. Obviously, it looks like the terrain layer has failed to render properly.
UKflyer
U
Tim Dawson - 5/2/2017 12:11:06 PM
Thanks for getting in touch, is there any way you can consistently reproduce the problem? We'd like to help of course but we haven't seen the problem on our test devices, and without being able to see the problem happening we can't discover the cause. Obviously, it looks like the terrain layer has failed to render properly.

Hi Tim,

Y‌es it happens every time around the same area in the picture. Flying to and from the Isle of Man over the weekend it happened whilst airborne. It also happens when the chart is in the planning mode. 

So yes, it's consistent and is in the same area. Without having my tablet to hand I can't check if it happens to any other areas. 

‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I don't suppose there's any chance of us borrowing the device in question? After playing with our test devices at that location for several minutes I can't get them to misbehave. Failing that, we are at Aero Expo in June and could meet there.
UKflyer
U
Tim Dawson - 5/3/2017 9:52:06 AM
I don't suppose there's any chance of us borrowing the device in question? After playing with our test devices at that location for several minutes I can't get them to misbehave. Failing that, we are at Aero Expo in June and could meet there.

I'd be happy to send it to you. I've just had another look, it only appears to happen in the area when Topcliffe is in the top right of the chart and then when the chart is moved slightly in any direction from east through to west and when the chart is set about 750k and below. I've been through and all of the apps are standard, nothing has been added recently and the tablet is running completely standard too. Your colleague has emailed me, so I'll get the details via email. 

UKflyer
U
UKflyer - 5/3/2017 3:37:59 PM
Tim Dawson - 5/3/2017 9:52:06 AM

I'd be happy to send it to you. I've just had another look, it only appears to happen in the area when Topcliffe is in the top right of the chart and then when the chart is moved slightly in any direction from east through to west and when the chart is set about 750k and below. I've been through and all of the apps are standard, nothing has been added recently and the tablet is running completely standard too. Your colleague has emailed me, so I'll get the details via email. 

Actually it happens around Carlisle and Solway Firth.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search