Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pop up comment

Author
jlaffan
Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)Too Much Forum (694 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had the same request, like a virtual WPT along the route that you could add notes to for FREDA, ATC Calls, level changes, reminders etc rather than just timed reminders for fuel tank changes etc these couild be linked to proximity. i.e. 15nm mile out GET ATIS 123.XXX
frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)
I also support this suggestion (in the same way of Andreas)
I think that anything that can improve SD and is not too time-consuming is interesting to take.

Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Thought worthwhile to flag this up again. There have been many subsequent requests along similar lines; lots of likes so believe there is real support for this. Workarounds by using waypoints don't really cut it. Thanks
Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Tim- you had asked for thoughts on how this might work and I've been considering along with the issues you had highlighted. How about:
1) ability to create a comment in route via touching/'what's here/create route comment. I'm thinking along the lines of how you would create a waypoint but the difference being the comment would be attached to the route at that location rather than the map.
2) when flying, the presence of a comment would show up with a symbol and touching/'what's here would allow viewing
Hopefully, this would take away the questions you had about proximity etc?
Thanks for consideration

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Interesting, so you'd attach a note which would presumably be recorded against a certain distance along your route. I can see how that would work. What would happen to the notes when the user changed the route by making it longer or shorter before the note?
Skyboy999
Skyboy999
I was thinking the note would be geotagged so nothing would happen to it if route changed
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
So a note attached to a location would continue to float there even if the route was dragged away from there?
Skyboy999
Skyboy999
I had envisaged the note would float with the route but appreciate that could be problematic to implement in which case your idea of distance in route (or from prior waypoint?) could satisfy and user would have to be aware of consequence should route subsequently be changed.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I have no particular horse in this race, I'm just curious when people suggest something like this, how exactly they imagine it working when of course routes can (and do) change, sometimes in flight, which would affect whether (and when) such a popup was displayed. It's still not something that is requested very often.
RV12Flyer
RV12Flyer
Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)
I would also like to propose a Single use or One off Pop Up.

That is a user created Message / Alert / Comment or Reminder

This could be accessed within the current Skydemon Timers creation section.

Eg. at ???mins a one time Pop up displays that has to be user cancelled. Not Transient or Persistent.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search