Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Download all in one go

Author
Michael Rubio
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim,
How about ‌a feature that allows to download all updates regardless of kind, with just the press of one button? 
Smile
B‌rgds
R‌ubio‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
I think you'll need to be a bit less vague if you want others to weigh in on your feature suggestion.
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Hi,

M‌y understanding is: a single button to update all already downloaded AIPs/Plates and make sure the information is up to date.

‌‌Today, it's WAY to easy go flying with outdated documentation. Having the last NOTAMs and weather is one thing, but not enough. Last year, I broke a rule an airfield put in place one month before. Because of an outdated AIP. You could tell me I'm the one in charge of keeping the documentation current, but today it takes too much clicks, especially when you live next to the border of 3 different countries. Not speaking about the fact this laborious process is error-prone.

This is a topic on which SD is behind the other solutions in the market. When discussing tools with my fellow pilots, I'm not the only one mentioning this usability flaw.
‌‌
M‌‌
Paul_Sengupta
P
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
When I fire up my Sky Demon on my tablet when connected to the internet, I get a pop up saying "new data found, download now?" or something like that whenever there have been changes to anything I have currently downloaded.

MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Paul_Sengupta - 4/15/2017 11:11:43 AM
When I fire up my Sky Demon on my tablet when connected to the internet, I get a pop up saying "new data found, download now?" or something like that whenever there have been changes to anything I have currently downloaded.

That is very new then, because it hasn't been part of any past/current stable version (except for the maps).
Do you use a beta version ? What is the message exactly? Does it really apply to anything, including AIPs?

M‌‌

Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)
MikeTwoOne - 4/18/2017 12:39:53 PM
Paul_Sengupta - 4/15/2017 11:11:43 AM

That is very new then, because it hasn't been part of any past/current stable version (except for the maps).
Do you use a beta version ? What is the message exactly? Does it really apply to anything, including AIPs?

M‌‌

Would it be possible to download high res. for a country instead of from arbitrary points?
Paul_Sengupta
P
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
[quote]
MikeTwoOne - 4/18/2017 12:39:53 PM

I'm not sure what it downloads, sorry. It's done it ever since I've had Sky Demon though, and I can't remember exactly what it says - I tend to not read it and just hit yes or no as appropriate to where I am and what connection I'm on.

Gax
G
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
I think the new updates found dialog Paul is referring to is just the monthly chart updates. There's no such prompt/function that downloads or updates AIP or airfield plates (unbeknownst to many pilots - It was a year before I realised the AIP downloads were out of date).

I would also be a big supporter of this function, as currently the only way I can see to do this is to go and manually download the entire country again or else go in to each plate on every possible airfield you might need and check that all plates are green, and if they're not then you need to click on each plate to re-open and therefore redownload the plates.
siggi
s
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Download all AIPs in IPAd at once - this funktion was included in 2015. Show Formum entry: http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic15902.aspx

Unfortunately i testet til today the version without the Aips (in the trail version not included). In the PC Version i can download all AIPs - in the IPad version only single Airports. This ist not state of the art. Airnavpro hast the function and remembers me if a new update for some airport ist available.

If im flying, im bount to have actual AIPs on my ipad.

‌A‌nother Question, where can i print the AIP? If i want 

R‌egards, Siggi‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Airfields -> All Documents -> Tools -> Download AIP
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search