Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Download all in one go

Author
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
grahamb - 8/28/2020 8:43:02 PM
Chris_LSZO - 8/28/2020 8:00:56 PM
grahamb - 8/26/2020 5:31:09 PM

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Which country's VACs? Unless they are purchased as a separate package, surely the VACs get downloaded as part of the AIP for a given country or at least they do in my experience.

Switzerland for example, here (and in Germany) you have to buy them.
After Airfields -> All Documents -> Tools -> Download all AIP they are NOT updated. You have to update them seperately.
After download all AIPs:

After download VFR-Package:

Again (and again... maybe I speak chinese): Please implement the same check for the VAC like for the general charts. VAC are important! Start Skydemon, Skydemon detect outdated VAC's, a box pop up "Outdated VAC found, want to update all YES / NO". If tap yes, all are updated. Easy, whats the problem?
To download only few plates during plan a flight IF you have internet is not the final solution. More then once I has plan a flight somewhere without internet and during approach the destination airfield I see no VAC. Very nice. Sad(

Chris

I still don’t see why it’s a problem to manually download the whole SkyGuide or DFS VFR package in one go at each AIRAC cycle at the same time as doing the AIPs. It will update all the out of date plates in one go. We’re talking a couple of button pushes each every every four weeks, hardly a problem. 

It’s what I do with the UK Pooleys add-on (and the DFS, Irish and Italian ones when I’ve purchased them in the past).

Sure you can do everything in life manually. You should ask Tim to deactivate the update functionality for the general charts.

Chris

Edited 8/28/2020 9:34:56 PM by Chris_LSZO
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search