Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Download all in one go

Author
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
siggi - 5/7/2017 10:57:48 AM
This ist not state of the art. Airnavpro hast the function and remembers me if a new update for some airport ist available.

This is the exact reason why I've decided to subscribe back to ANP after 3 years using SD exclusively. I see no interest in "social-like" features while fondamentals are not taken into consideration.

M‌‌

siggi
s
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim, many thanks, it was in the manual described, ive not seen it,

B‌ut now again to the theme in the thread above. @support, is it possible to implement a hint if the AIPs are not up to date? In ANP everey 2-3 weeks are new AIPs (form DFS Germany) available.‌ And not without reason....

And - just happened - i look for charts, only then a message appers in the chart menue box,  that an new version is availabe. Why not at the start of the APP?

I want  fly everytime with actual charts and informations,
‌‌
S‌iggi‌ 
‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
As always, suggestions for new product features are best mentioned here in the forum. This allows us to weigh them with other feedback we get by email, phone and in person, and helps us to prioritise future product development.
siggi
s
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2017 8:42:53 AM
As always, suggestions for new product features are best mentioned here in the forum. This allows us to weigh them with other feedback we get by email, phone and in person, and helps us to prioritise future product development.

Hello Tim,

i‌ dont see that the way you see it. I bought the German DFS AIPs Abbonement for one year, to make it sure i have all the neccecary AIPs by flying on board. ‌If you mean that this is a sugettion for a new feature, i dont understand your businesspolicy. To have the latest AIPS on board is at least in german law. Or not?

I‌ have no chance to decide to have or not to have the latest AIP. I have to have it! We are talking about safety and flying and not social features as if the airplane in the moving map is yellow or blue.....

A‌nd once again, ibought the Abonnemont for actual AIPs for one year, and not a one shot.

R‌egards Siggi

‌‌‌ 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
As far as I am aware, there is no law in ANY country to have the entire AIP on board. That would be ridiculous. A great number of German pilots do not even own the VFR AIP.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Today I prototyped a feature where you can do "Update All Downloaded Plates" where SkyDemon will check for updates to any airfield plates you have downloaded in the past, and if updates are available, it will download them. In effect, it turns all orange plates green. Would this be a step in the right direction?
Michael Rubio
Michael Rubio
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/11/2017 12:32:50 PM
Today I prototyped a feature where you can do "Update All Downloaded Plates" where SkyDemon will check for updates to any airfield plates you have downloaded in the past, and if updates are available, it will download them. In effect, it turns all orange plates green. Would this be a step in the right direction?

Absolutely! 
C‌ould that feature include the Charts installed too?

Michael Rubio
Michael Rubio
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Michaelrubio - 5/11/2017 12:38:55 PM
Tim Dawson - 5/11/2017 12:32:50 PM

Absolutely! 
C‌ould that feature include the Charts installed too?

-and, maybe together with a feature where its possibility to toggle "Auto updates // On/off" and then all is just are downloaded automatically as soon as new updates are out?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon has prompted for updated charts for a long time; this thread is about airfield documents.

‌‌There are thousands of airfield documents in SkyDemon (24000 right now)‌ and some people would like SkyDemon to remember which have been downloaded in the past, constantly check whether there are new versions available and go off and download them. This would be a hugely inefficient task, in terms of bandwidth usage and processor usage.

I am worried that some of the people requesting such a feature most vocally may be under the misapprehension that having these documents on their device is a legal requirement, which it absolutely is not.

After a discussion with colleagues today I am not at all sure we will ship the feature prototyped above. What it would mean is that any plate you have EVER downloaded, for any airfield at any point (maybe for a flying holiday to a country you'll never visit again) is downloaded every time you press the button.‌‌ What a waste. I am sure we can do better.
siggi
s
Hello Tim,

i‌ thank you very much for your efforts. ‌Until now i didnt mentiont that i seen while testing the sofware as trial version, the functions and the intuitiv operation impressed me.

N‌ow to your comment of AIP in Germany: Yes many Pilots have no AIPs on board. But it is mandatory by law. It is so. In case you flight airport on, and you make a mistake in cause of not actual AIP you get punisment  - normally the pilot would be prooft once again. ‌ I dont want to have it.

Regarding to: A great number of German pilots do not even own the VFR AIP. - Unfortnately you have right, however is not correct.

‌‌Regarding to: Today I prototyped a feature where you can do "Update All Downloaded Plates" where SkyDemon will check for updates to any airfield plates you have downloaded in the past, and if updates are available, it will download them. In effect, it turns all orange plates green. Would this be a step in the right direction? 
> This implemation and the suggest from Michael would be great. 

‌‌
‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search