Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Adding User-PDFs

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This function work only with ICAO_name.pdf or with other name like TR01_name.pdf  ?
regards,
Gianni‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
ICAO identifiers only.
giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/20/2017 10:43:05 AM
ICAO identifiers only.

what a pity......we have many private airport without ICAO code with Jeppesen maps that could be seen on the relative page, but now maps  can be seen only under User Documents, any possibility in future to extend such feature ?
regards,
Gianni‌‌

giannisd
giannisd
SemperFi - 1/20/2017 4:18:34 PM
giannisd - 1/20/2017 1:28:36 PM
ICAO identifiers only.

what a pity......we have many private airport without ICAO code with Jeppesen maps that could be seen on the relative page, but now maps  can be seen only under User Documents, any possibility in future to extend such feature ?
regards,
Gianni‌‌

If you enter the private airfield "the correct way" under custom data as "airfield" in Skydemon PC Plan, you give it your personal "ICAO" identifier and Skydemon will attach your PDF to the custom data airfield exactly the same as to any other standard ICAO field.

‌In your example, if you add the airfield data in custom data editor as airfield and give it the ICAO "TR01", Skydemon will well attach your "TR01_name.pdf" to the documents section of your TR01 airfield.

Does not work.
‌I name the file TR01_approach.pdf and uploaded with LIQQ_approach.pdf file on custom data on my iPad, the LIQQ_approach.pdf I could see at the bottom of the LIQQ airfield page, but TR01_approach only on User document. It seem that only real ICAO name will appear on airports detail page.
‌Look at attached files: SkDem show the list of files on iPad, 18.19.50 show you the TR01 page without the TR01 plate, 18.21.27 the plate as user files and 18.22.31 an example of a LIQQ with the correct files/plate  on the airport details.
‌regards

Attachments
SkDem.jpeg (844 views, 62.00 KB)
2017-01-20 18.19.50.png (728 views, 1.00 MB)
2017-01-20 18.21.27.png (746 views, 1.00 MB)
2017-01-20 18.22.31.png (778 views, 1.00 MB)
giannisd
giannisd
SemperFi - 1/21/2017 2:56:30 AM
Strange, can you show the configuration of TR01 .airfield?
TR? just looked up, would be Montserrat, but located in Italy?
I use matching subICAO first two letters for custom airfields, so does changing ICAO to LI01 cure?

Skydemon may filter and match ICAO code to loaded countries, is TR Montserrat loaded, even supported by Skydemon?

Motserrat is in Caribe I do not worry about :-))

‌If I search TR01 in SkyDemon the airfield (in Italy is "Torre Alfina") will show up. TR01 is used by SkyDemon database for Torre Alfina (private airport) and I can't be modified. In Italy there are dozens of private airports with a variety of code name, but non ICAO. 
‌My idea is to use / add other maps for those airports that have Jeppesen maps,  but no official maps, like you can find on our National AIP in AD section.
‌It looks like is not possible.....
Regards,

giannisd
giannisd
SemperFi - 1/21/2017 8:46:20 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood. I had the impression TR01 was your custom data entered designator.

In case of the Skydemon provided data for Torre Alfina I suspect Skydemon does use what is called "other ident" in the custom data editor and I now read the comment from Skydemon that they do not provide the match for "other ident". Never really recognized that one and never used it, so thanks for pointing to it!

As custom data entered airfields with a filled ICAO designator do match PDFs, maybe you can enter important fields as custom until Skydemon cleaned up that part?

Of course, I'm using constantly ICAO_name.pdf extra maps for ICAO airports, but pity many airports do not have ICAO name.... I hope SD will solve that...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Well, we cannot force national authorities to give ICAO designators to smaller airfields.

But you're right, we could make the local identifiers work for user document lookup. The only potential problem with this is that local identifiers are not internationally unique. But if you don't care about this, neither do we. We will make those identifiers work for user document lookup in the next version, and hopefully that will solve the issue for you.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 1/23/2017 10:47:52 AM
Well, we cannot force national authorities to give ICAO designators to smaller airfields.

But you're right, we could make the local identifiers work for user document lookup. The only potential problem with this is that local identifiers are not internationally unique. But if you don't care about this, neither do we. We will make those identifiers work for user document lookup in the next version, and hopefully that will solve the issue for you.

The ICAO designator is by request ! (That's Italy !)
Few years back, I was the first to obtain the LIQQ designator for Serristori‌, took me about one year....
‌Many others aviosuperfici owners liked the idea and they follow us, ENAC assigned a designator to many other aviosuperfici (small airports), but not all aviosuperfici owners, understand the advantage of having an ICAO designator.
‌Today the situation become little difficult, the man  in charge at ENAC retired, so is not easy, anymore, to obtain a code.
The "Italian weather service" (military) they are using many ICAO designator for meteo station not located on airports, sometime are maritime weather stations, sometime on top of a mountain, this is since 60 years and not easy to change.
‌At the end, the lack of codes become not sufficients to be assigned to the hundred of aviosuperfici.
‌The other problem is avioportolano editor who invented these code, first 2 letters are the initials of Province City nearby and numbers are progressive.‌ Jeppesen is using another code system, but I never understand how it work.

I agree, identifiers are not unique‌, plus few pilots add plates to they SkyDemon and only few know the possibility, so if is simple job we will appreciate, if is to complicate do not worry about.
regards, Gianni‌

giannisd
giannisd
SemperFi - 1/23/2017 2:13:05 PM
Uups, just gave it a try what happens if you custom create a duplicate designator airfield and attach a PDF - it shows on both, which also means if you create a duplicate by mistake, you may have to look very careful. Maybe the feature is a bit far open?

None are duplicates.
‌If you look carefully at the list of files on picture SkDem-2.jpeg you will find 4 files with real ICAO designator: LIBN and LIQQ, each have approach and airport plate, wile the TR01 and PV07 are not ICAO designator but just a code, that's why are not visible on relative pages.
Tim Dawson have explained very well...‌

guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
ICAO identifiers only.

Planning a trip to Spain, I want to add PDF documents attached to the information of certain Airfields. But even when there is an ICAO code (LEPI for Casa de los Pinos, LERE for Requena) they are not attached do the airfield information, it is possible to see the PDFs only getting in the User's Documents Folder. Have I missed something ?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search