Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Adding User-PDFs

Author
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
guille - 2/11/2017 12:42:13 PM
Tim Dawson - 1/20/2017 10:43:05 AM
ICAO identifiers only.

Planning a trip to Spain, I want to add PDF documents attached to the information of certain Airfields. But even when there is an ICAO code (LEPI for Casa de los Pinos, LERE for Requena) they are not attached do the airfield information, it is possible to see the PDFs only getting in the User's Documents Folder. Have I missed something ?

I made a test for a "real" airport - Huesca - and it works. So LEPI, LERE are not "real" OACI names ? But if the new version of SD arrives before my trip (end of March) it will normally work for all airfields that appear in SD ... as it is announced for the next version ...

giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
guille - 2/11/2017 5:05:28 PM
ICAO identifiers only.

Planning a trip to Spain, I want to add PDF documents attached to the information of certain Airfields. But even when there is an ICAO code (LEPI for Casa de los Pinos, LERE for Requena) they are not attached do the airfield information, it is possible to see the PDFs only getting in the User's Documents Folder. Have I missed something ?

I made a test for a "real" airport - Huesca - and it works. So LEPI, LERE are not "real" OACI names ? But if the new version of SD arrives before my trip (end of March) it will normally work for all airfields that appear in SD ... as it is announced for the next version ...

I made a test with LEPI_airport.pdf and did work....name must be ICAO_anyname.pdf   but    _underscore  not   -minus

guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
giannisd - 2/12/2017 5:41:04 PM
ICAO identifiers only.

I made a test with LEPI_airport.pdf and did work....name must be ICAO_anyname.pdf   but    _underscore  not   -minus

Yes, I made a mistake because I did not test LEPI, and it works, so it has a real OACI code, but it does not work for LERE_Requena and also for LESZ_Siguenza, so some airfields that apparently have an OACI code do not have really one.

Edited 2/12/2017 6:59:04 PM by guille
giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
guille - 2/12/2017 6:59:04 PM
ICAO identifiers only.

Yes, I made a mistake because I did not test LEPI, and it works, so it has a real OACI code, but it does not work for LERE_Requena and also for LESZ_Siguenza, so some airfields that apparently have an OACI code do not have really one.

I create a LERE_Requena.pdf file and it work.  LESZ no.  It exist if you search,  but not on SkyDemon map so you can't touch the screen to open the airfield details, perhaps the coordinates are wrong or map not updated.

guille
guille
giannisd - 2/12/2017 8:09:12 PM
ICAO identifiers only.

I create a LERE_Requena.pdf file and it work.  LESZ no.  It exist if you search,  but not on SkyDemon map so you can't touch the screen to open the airfield details, perhaps the coordinates are wrong or map not updated.

You are right for LERE, it works, but not for LESZ, and it appears clearly in the map, with the usual airfields details provided by SD.
‌I hope that the new version will solve these issues. Anyway, I can get the information opening the users' document folder, it is not a big problem, just having a more quick and confortable way to get the info. Unfortunately, in Spain there is not a good DBASE for the non OACI airfields, as in France (BASULM) that is perfectly incorporated in SDemon. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There is no reason why user documents would not work for any airfield with an ICAO code.
giannisd
giannisd
guille - 2/13/2017 11:00:28 AM
giannisd - 2/12/2017 8:09:12 PM
ICAO identifiers only.

You are right for LERE, it works, but not for LESZ, and it appears clearly in the map, with the usual airfields details provided by SD.
‌I hope that the new version will solve these issues. Anyway, I can get the information opening the users' document folder, it is not a big problem, just having a more quick and confortable way to get the info. Unfortunately, in Spain there is not a good DBASE for the non OACI airfields, as in France (BASULM) that is perfectly incorporated in SDemon. 

LESZ is OK , I could not see on the map because of runway length filter, and also a PDF LESZ_anyname.pdf work fine. Check the name and don't forget underscore .‌

Francis
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Hi,
Smaller private airfields do exist and it would be nice to be able to link a user pdf to it.
But SD doesn't know about those airfields ...
Wouldn't it be possible t‌o link user pdf's to a user waypoint ?
Waypoints can be entered from an iPad and saved to the cloud.
By holding your finger on the iPad screen above the waypoint, SD opens the What's Here pop up screen, where there is an Information tab, from which the user pdf could be opened ...
Off course the name of the waypoint should be related to the name of the user pdf  in a similar way as with the ICAO names. 
Would be nice ;-))
Best Regards
Francis‌‌‌‌
‌‌

Francis
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
SemperFi - 2/18/2017 9:30:59 PM
on5ap - 2/18/2017 4:11:42 PM
Hi,
Smaller private airfields do exist and it would be nice to be able to link a user pdf to it.
But SD doesn't know about those airfields ...
Wouldn't it be possible t‌o link user pdf's to a user waypoint ?
Waypoints can be entered from an iPad and saved to the cloud.
By holding your finger on the iPad screen above the waypoint, SD opens the What's Here pop up screen, where there is an Information tab, from which the user pdf could be opened ...
Off course the name of the waypoint should be related to the name of the user pdf  in a similar way as with the ICAO names. 
Would be nice ;-))
Best Regards
Francis‌‌‌‌
‌‌

Give the smaller airports when entering the data as custom airport an entry in the ICAO field with a designator of your choice and you can attach a PDF to it exactly the same as you can for the bigger airports.

Forgive me my ignorance, but can a custom airfield be entered from an iPad ?

guille
guille
Tim Dawson - 1/23/2017 10:47:52 AM
Well, we cannot force national authorities to give ICAO designators to smaller airfields.

But you're right, we could make the local identifiers work for user document lookup. The only potential problem with this is that local identifiers are not internationally unique. But if you don't care about this, neither do we. We will make those identifiers work for user document lookup in the next version, and hopefully that will solve the issue for you.

How will you consider the cases without an ICAO type indicator, as Estartit, Sallent Club Pla de Bages and many, many others ? In Spain there are hundreds ... 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search