Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I think I have resolved the issue with downloading charts ..... if you were having this problem, please move your existing install from Applications to the trash, then download the application again following the instructions at the start of this thread
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Download now updated to 3.4.4 ..... updated link at the start of this thread.
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Hi, I just tried it, and there is a problem with the menus, if I clique "routes" the window with the routes appears... and disappears quite quickly, the same with the others.

Thanks for the work done to be able to use SD directly on a Mac ! If there is an explanation to the problem I found, I will try to use it.

Guillermo
rikur
rikur
guille (12/2/2015)
Hi, I just tried it, and there is a problem with the menus, if I clique "routes" the window with the routes appears... and disappears quite quickly, the same with the others.

Thanks for the work done to be able to use SD directly on a Mac ! If there is an explanation to the problem I found, I will try to use it.

Guillermo

Try the following:
 - locate Skydemon in the Applications folder, Right Click, and select "Show Package Contents"
 - This should reveal a program called "Wineskin" - double click this
 - This should present a set of four buttons, click "Set Screen Options"
 - Click 'Use Mac driver instead of X11" and click done
 - Then try again.

Another trick to resolving display bugs in Wineskin is to try resizing the programme window

guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Thanks ! Now it works fine, and I had no problems concerning charts.

Guillermo
rikur
rikur
guille (12/2/2015)
Thanks ! Now it works fine, and I had no problems concerning charts.

Guillermo

phew .... I was beginning to think problems were arising as quickly as I was fixing them ;-) 

Gernot
Gernot
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Thank you for your efforts.
Sky Demon is now running on my mabook pro.
Perhaps it might be important:
at the start up when you enter email and password
the  @ cannot be putted in by using the normal steps in my Computer.
I write my email address in word and copy paste it.
The Programm works fine.
Thank you.

Gernot
rikur
rikur
Shifu (1/20/2016)
I was just at a friends and the latest Mac OS 10.11.3 broke the wrapped Mac version -> the upgrade removed the login credentials and the old workarounds how to put the "@" into the login window no longer work => the paste command somehow disappeared for the X11 window.

Hi Shifu,
I'm running it under 10.11.3 and all is fine ... no settings were lost in the upgrade, and I can type an "@" just by pressing shift-2 as normal ... you're right that there is no paste in the menu, but ctrl-V does the trick on my machine if that's a possible workaround for you?
Out of interest - what hardware are you running this on?  what language keyboard? Anything non-standard?
R
Edited 1/21/2016 8:32:19 AM by rikur
rikur
rikur
Shifu (1/24/2016)
Mac 10.11.3 on an standard iMac late 2013, keyboard is a Windows layout Speedlink one -> neither shift-2 nor ctrl-v work any longer (they did before). Unfortunately no Apple keyboard to test here.

Hi .... I'm struggling to recreate this problem.  I tried a windows keyboard on my Mac and various different keyboard settings and in all cases I could shift-2 and ctrl-v.
Grasping at straws.... One thing you may wish to try is changing between the Max x11 and Wineapp x11 driver. To do this, locate SkyDemon in your applications folder, and right click, and 'show package contents' > then run Wineskin > then "Set Screen Options" and select "Use Mac Drivers instead of X11" or if it's already selected, try deselecting it. 
CaptRouge
CaptRouge
Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)Too Much Forum (325 reputation)
Firstly, it is great to have SkyDemon back on my iMac iOS 10.11.2. Everything works by following the initial link in this thread, including charts. 
I guess some may have fallen on stony ground though in trying to delete an older version of Mac SkyDemon when trying to put the App in the Trash Bin. It seems that overtime you have tried to load the old App where it does actually load but shows you nothing. When you try to move it to Trash you are told it is running and you cannot do this. If you use the Alt - Cmd - Esc it is not shown as an App running. You can however do this behind the scenes. Applications - Utilities - Terminal when loaded type in TOP and you will have a list of programs running in the background, find ALL the programs which are SkyDemon and note the PID number in the left hand column e.g. 74757 Now press Q which will quit the TOP command. Now type KILL xxxxx  where xxxxx is the PID number. Repeat for all of the PID numbers. Now you can drag the SkyDemon App icon to Trash and download the bundled App from the link in this thread and proceed as the instructions. You could also theoretically use Activity Manager but have not tried this.
Thanks rikur for sorting this out, it will be appreciated by many I am sure, pity SkyDemon do not recognise this.

Capt. Vin Rouge
EGBD & LFMZ
Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search