Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
Thomas Jensen
Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)Too Much Forum (844 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
rikur - 7/1/2018 3:37:28 PM
SemperFi - 7/1/2018 3:31:38 PM
Same crashes here - current Skydemon Plan @macOS is INOP ...

Still working fine for me in High Sierra.
F‌or those using el cap, it might be worth trying the old version before the changes made for High Sierra compatibility:
O‌ld version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ml28l9a9iv0dzt/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.7.1.zip?dl=0

‌‌‌‌Alternatively, for those on High Sierra a newly compiled version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr3rv8dxp9vdfx8/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.10.0.0.zip?dl=0
‌‌

Thanks rikur,
Y‌ou are absolutely correct - The 3.7.1 version works on El Cap - Great thanks!
What are the main diff 3.7.1 to 3.10.0 - I am considering upgrading to High Sierra

I‌ am back in the game with 3.7.1 - stable and working
C‌heers,
T‌h‌

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
TJ - 7/1/2018 7:41:29 PM
rikur - 7/1/2018 3:37:28 PM
SemperFi - 7/1/2018 3:31:38 PM
Same crashes here - current Skydemon Plan @macOS is INOP ...

Still working fine for me in High Sierra.
For those using el cap, it might be worth trying the old version before the changes made for High Sierra compatibility:
Old version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ml28l9a9iv0dzt/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.7.1.zip?dl=0

Alternatively, for those on High Sierra a newly compiled version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr3rv8dxp9vdfx8/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.10.0.0.zip?dl=0

Thanks rikur,
You are absolutely correct - The 3.7.1 version works on El Cap - Great thanks!
What are the main diff 3.7.1 to 3.10.0 - I am considering upgrading to High Sierra

I am back in the game with 3.7.1 - stable and working
Cheers,
Th

you shouldn't be missing anything using the "3.7.1" version .... because, when you refresh charts, it should do an in-situ upgrade to the latest version of SkyDemon

jemaeter
j
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
SemperFi - 7/8/2018 6:23:46 PM

Tried the newly compiled version under High Sierra and it still keeps crashing.

jemaeter
j
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
jemaeter - 7/19/2018 2:08:09 PM

Tried to install the new version over the old one which was working, and before and even after deleting the application support files
I am unable to install. The installation stops with :
"ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.
This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file."

Cant find the related info.plist

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
jemaeter - 7/19/2018 2:13:51 PM
jemaeter - 7/19/2018 2:08:09 PM

Tried to install the new version over the old one which was working, and before and even after deleting the application support files
I am unable to install. The installation stops with :
"ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

Cant find the related info.plist

Sounds like you might have unzipped it into a read-only folder, or haven't given it permissions to write to its own directory .... did you do the following:
Important: The first time you run it, you will need to locate it in the Applications folder from Finder and press the Control key, then click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu (this is because it is 'untrusted' - see: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18657?locale=en_US ). You may also have to click “Allow” to a pop-up about accepting inbound connections.

jemaeter
j

Works like a charm now.

I suspected something like that, i'll try to remember this for the future

Thanks

RickDC10
R
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Dear rikur,

Thanks very much for your initiative.

I downloaded the zip-file, decompressed, dragged it into Applications folder, opened it as described (did away with a pop-up) and then I saw the SkyDemon for Mac name next to the Apple-logo.

This takes about 5 seconds (in the mean time the screen stays unchanged) then my MacBook Air returns to Finder!

Since I didn't see this problem in the forum I thought I'd give it a try by writing you.

I hope I do make some known error during this routine.

Can you please assits me?

rikur
rikur
RickDC10 - 8/5/2018 1:18:31 PM
Dear rikur,

I downloaded the zip-file, decompressed, dragged it into Applications folder, opened it as described (did away with a pop-up) and then I saw the SkyDemon for Mac name next to the Apple-logo.

This takes about 5 seconds (in the mean time the screen stays unchanged) then my MacBook Air returns to Finder!

Since I didn't see this problem in the forum I thought I'd give it a try by writing you.

Which version of MacOS are you using?

RickDC10
R
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
rikur - 8/7/2018 7:11:36 PM
RickDC10 - 8/5/2018 1:18:31 PM
Dear rikur,

Which version of MacOS are you using?

timvirdee
timvirdee
Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)Too Much Forum (353 reputation)
I have the same problem running 10.13.6 and get the following. Have followed instructions very carefully:

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search