Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
mainhatter
Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi again,
‌and sorry for the late reply. I don't come here everyday. ‌Thank you for your reply rikur.

‌I've booted the my system several times before I referred to this forum, though it didn't help. ‌I just tried to find the folder described above, but couldn't find it on my system...? $HOME/Library/Application Support/Divelements Limited/SkyDemon Plan .. the bold folders do not exist in my case.
‌At present, my startup freezes directly after the message, that I need to download any charts first. I see the checkboxes, but cannot select any.

‌Any more ideas?
‌Regards
‌Lars
mainhatter
mainhatter
Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)Too Much Forum (586 reputation)
mainhatter - 7/31/2017 4:43:55 PM
Hi again,
‌and sorry for the late reply. I don't come here everyday. ‌Thank you for your reply rikur.

‌I've booted the my system several times before I referred to this forum, though it didn't help. ‌I just tried to find the folder described above, but couldn't find it on my system...? $HOME/Library/Application Support/Divelements Limited/SkyDemon Plan .. the bold folders do not exist in my case.
‌At present, my startup freezes directly after the message, that I need to download any charts first. I see the checkboxes, but cannot select any.

‌Any more ideas?
‌Regards
‌Lars

I run MacOS Sierra in Version 10.12.6 ...

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Hi again,

‌Any more ideas?
‌Regards
‌Lars

Have you got a $HOME/Documents/SkyDemon/ folder? If so, is it empty?
‌I've seen it hang at that point when it's unable to create this for some reason.

mainhatter
mainhatter
rikur - 7/31/2017 7:41:48 PM
Hi again,

‌Any more ideas?
‌Regards
‌Lars

‌I've seen it hang at that point when it's unable to create this for some reason.

That folder exist and contains several folders and the license.skdl. As folders there are Aircraft, Charts, Custom Data, Logs and Routes - all Folders are empty... 

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
mainhatter - 7/31/2017 8:26:15 PM
Hi again,

‌Any more ideas?
‌Regards
‌Lars

That folder exist and contains several folders and the license.skdl. As folders there are Aircraft, Charts, Custom Data, Logs and Routes - all Folders are empty... 

Grasping at straws, try cleaning things up, from a terminal prompt:
‌rm -rf $HOME/Documents/SkyDemon
r‌m -rf "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Divelements Limited/"

mainhatter
mainhatter
rikur - 7/31/2017 8:35:40 PM
mainhatter - 7/31/2017 8:26:15 PM
Hi again,

‌Any more ideas?
‌Regards
‌Lars

Grasping at straws, try cleaning things up, from a terminal prompt:
‌rm -rf $HOME/Documents/SkyDemon
r‌m -rf "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Divelements Limited/"

That worked...! Don't understand why, though, but anyway. Thanks a lot for your support!!!

rikur
rikur
SemperFi - 8/20/2017 12:35:19 PM
Request, can we have some place where the latest download link is prominently placed? I changed to a new computer and was trying to find out where to find the last version as I abandoned Parallels to run the Win version of Plan. THX!

The link in the very first post on this thread is generally kept up to date with the latest version of the wrapper ...... and Skydemon will auto-update itself within the wrapper to the latest version of Skydemon ..... if in doubt, use the link in the first post of this thread (which is itself 'stickied' to the top of the forum).

Edited 8/22/2017 3:03:12 PM by rikur
Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Hello,
‌Anyone already tried Skydemon for Mac on OS X High Sierra ?
‌Is it working ?

‌THX!
rikur
rikur
Cessnaoui - 9/27/2017 3:35:31 PM
Hello,
‌Is it working ?

‌THX!

Not risked it yet .... I'll let you go first ;-)

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
rikur - 9/27/2017 3:43:18 PM
Cessnaoui - 9/27/2017 3:35:31 PM
Hello,
‌Is it working ?

‌THX!

Not risked it yet .... I'll let you go first ;-)

‌I will do the step tonight ... wait & see.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search