Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
rikur - 7/21/2017 8:15:47 AM
mainhatter - 7/21/2017 7:58:12 AM
Hi rikur,

‌first, thank you very much for this option for MAC Users to anyway use the SkyDemon desktop application on MAC. I've been using it for the last couple of months and it worked fine. However, during the last weeks the connection or the functionality freezes on my Mac. I've since deleted the application and re-installed it (both folders in applications and documents). Nevertheless, the application starts, but refuses to show any movement after start. Do you have any idea or is that issue known?

‌I have in addition contacted SkyDemon, because my web-application using Safari Browser does not work either. Hannah told me, that there is an issue with Silverlight and IE, but since I am using Safari ... ? Maybe these two issues are linked?

‌Thank you for any Feedback from your side. Would love to finally use the Mac-Version of SkyDemon again.

‌Regards
‌Lars

Hi Lars,
t‌his won't be directly related to the Silverlight issue
w‌hat version of MacOS are you running?  When you say that you've reinstalled - have you downloaded the latest version from the link on the first page of this thread? (there were some Sierra compatibility issues with older versions)
a‌t the risk of sounding like an IT helpdesk, have you tried a reboot, and starting SkyDemon after the reboot (I've seen problems with other wrapped applications not allowing Skydemon to start if they have been running)
R‌

HI,
I confirm, no relation between these two issues. I never could use Silverlight on my Mac, using Safari or Chrome, but the Mac version works fine, without any problem.

cgndemon
c
Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)
I also face the same problem that Skydemon freezes at start. It worked flawless till two or three weeks ago - then the problems begun. I installed everything new (more than once) - but nothing helps. The only strange thing is: If I create a new user, login as this user and install Skydemon - it works. This looks for me if there are either some corrupted preferences - or system add-ons that prevent SD from running. Any ideas? 

BatteriesNotIncluded
B
Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)
cgndemon - 7/28/2017 4:27:51 PM
I also face the same problem that Skydemon freezes at start. It worked flawless till two or three weeks ago - then the problems begun. I installed everything new (more than once) - but nothing helps. The only strange thing is: If I create a new user, login as this user and install Skydemon - it works. This looks for me if there are either some corrupted preferences - or system add-ons that prevent SD from running. Any ideas? 

Try this:
1. Go to Applications folder.
2‌. Right click SkyDemon, choose "Show Package Contents" 
3‌. Double-click "Wineskin"
4. Choose "Set Screen Options"
5. UNCHECK "Decorate windows" in the bottom right. ‌‌

cgndemon
c
Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)Too Much Forum (383 reputation)
@BatteriesNotIncluded

looks a bit different while starting – but freezes also. ;-)

‌but I used this menu to get the following:

‌Any idea?
Attachments
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
cgndemon - 7/28/2017 7:16:15 PM
@BatteriesNotIncluded

looks a bit different while starting – but freezes also. ;-)

‌but I used this menu to get the following:

‌Any idea?

You could try deleting your Skydemon configuration/data folder ... inside your Documents folder there should be a Skydemon folder - delete it or rename it.

cgndemon
c
I have already deleted the SD folder inside my Documents folder several times. Unfortunately with no result.....
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
cgndemon - 7/29/2017 9:29:45 AM
I have already deleted the SD folder inside my Documents folder several times. Unfortunately with no result.....

what point does it freeze at?  Do you get as far as the VFR warning pop-up?

cgndemon
c
It freezes after the VFR warning  as soon as it starts to draw the map. What is a bit weird: Even if I delete the content of the SD folders and only add my "license file"  - it shows the icons of my waypoints
Attachments
rikur
rikur
cgndemon - 7/29/2017 5:38:25 PM
It freezes after the VFR warning  as soon as it starts to draw the map. What is a bit weird: Even if I delete the content of the SD folders and only add my "license file"  - it shows the icons of my waypoints

additionally try deleting the contents of $HOME/Library/Application Support/Divelements Limited/SkyDemon Plan

‌‌

cgndemon
c
@rikur
‌You got it! This was the crucial part. I deleted $HOME/Library/Application Support/Divelements Limited/SkyDemon Plan - and it started up again.

I did not check everything completely until now - but at the moment, it looks great!

‌THANK YOU!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search