Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It seems to work on High Sierra but further testing is required.
Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Cessnaoui - 9/27/2017 6:26:53 PM
It seems to work on High Sierra but further testing is required.

I confirm that after some testing, it is working perfectly with High Sierra :-)

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
SemperFi - 10/4/2017 8:55:57 AM
On the machine in question there still is Sierra (10.12.6), but couple of things:
‌First, on some occasions a skydemon desktop exec file appears on the desktop?
‌Second, only the upper left quarter of the screen is used on the 5k screen?
‌Third, Hide the application does not work?
‌Fifth, special characters such as ø on Danish charts are scrambled?

The exec file appears on the desktop every time an update of Skydemon is installed. You can simply delete this file.
Hide feature is working properly on my Mac.
‌No problem with french special characters like éçàè.
I am unable to check last issue as I don't have a 5K screen.

bjoern.feldmann
bjoern.feldmann
Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)
I have a macbook 12'' (Early 2016) with High Sierra installed and I have just downloaded the sykdemon for mac version august 2017 but it is not working. When I start it and allow the app to open as it is described here, it does not open but there is also no error message.
mbenoit
mbenoit
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
bjoern.feldmann - 10/6/2017 6:43:40 PM
I have a macbook 12'' (Early 2016) with High Sierra installed and I have just downloaded the sykdemon for mac version august 2017 but it is not working. When I start it and allow the app to open as it is described here, it does not open but there is also no error message.

Got the same issue that most of the people: After playing with many thing: it suddenly works!
‌-Right Click on the apps
- Open Package
- Run Wine Skin
‌- Select "Set Screen options"
‌- then that's work for me: blob:http://forums.skydemon.aero/676f1be8-b2da-48b7-82a1-36bb95241940

‌- Then click done... and retry.

bjoern.feldmann
bjoern.feldmann
Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)Too Much Forum (308 reputation)
mbenoit - 10/7/2017 9:56:10 AM
bjoern.feldmann - 10/6/2017 6:43:40 PM

Got the same issue that most of the people: After playing with many thing: it suddenly works!
‌-Right Click on the apps
- Open Package
- Run Wine Skin
‌- Select "Set Screen options"
‌- then that's work for me: blob:http://forums.skydemon.aero/676f1be8-b2da-48b7-82a1-36bb95241940

‌- Then click done... and retry.

Thanks for the Information, but I cannot see your Screen Settings. The picture does not load.

Edited 10/7/2017 12:18:37 PM by bjoern.feldmann
SUBA
S
Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)
Hello, thanks lot for the Mac Version !!
‌Everything is working fine on my old iMac running with El Capitan.
wdklotz
wdklotz
Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)Too Much Forum (157 reputation)
Hi
I‌ could not use the zipped version on my MAC OSX version 10.1.6 El Capitan. The app does not start. Click on it - nothing happens. 
I‌ found a more natural way to run SkyDeamon on my MAC. I downloaded WineHQ from https://www.winehq.org/. Installed it according to instructions. Opened the 'Wine Devel.app'. This opens a terminal pre-configured to run *.exe files. I then downloaded the SkyDemon installer file which installs SkyDemon on Windows PCs. Execute the installer file from the 'Wine Dev.app' terminal window. SkyDemon will be installed in your home directory as .wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/SkyDemon.exe. Configure the finder such that 'SkyDemon.exe' is started by 'Wine Devel.app' and click on the file to start it.
‌Works perfect! All options from the windows version work like on a PC!
cheers.....
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
wdklotz - 10/31/2017 1:03:56 PM
Hi
I‌ could not use the zipped version on my MAC OSX version 10.1.6 El Capitan. The app does not start. Click on it - nothing happens. 
I‌ found a more natural way to run SkyDeamon on my MAC. I downloaded WineHQ from https://www.winehq.org/. Installed it according to instructions. Opened the 'Wine Devel.app'. This opens a terminal pre-configured to run *.exe files. I then downloaded the SkyDemon installer file which installs SkyDemon on Windows PCs. Execute the installer file from the 'Wine Dev.app' terminal window. SkyDemon will be installed in your home directory as .wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/SkyDemon.exe. Configure the finder such that 'SkyDemon.exe' is started by 'Wine Devel.app' and click on the file to start it.
‌Works perfect! All options from the windows version work like on a PC!
cheers.....

That's basically what the zip file contains, albeit with a few other bits of tinkering such as support for Google Earth, opening PDF, etc (and based on Wineskin as opposed to WineHQ).  The zip file was so that those with less technical experience didn't have to build it themselves (at least when it works)

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
If you are having problems running on MacOS High Sierra, download the latest version from the first page of this thread, which contains some tweaks to avoid some known issues on High Sierra.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search