Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Can't connect to PowerFlarm

Author
Paul Mahony
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim,

Please find enclosed a couple of screenshots of contacts that have shown up on my 10" inch iPad running SD after being detected by my aircraft's PF Core. I'm not sure that they show fine detail but you can probably see that the Flarm contact (a glider) has almost totally illegible distance and height info due to the font size. Similarly, the transponder equipped contact is shown by white ring (I.e it was non- threatening) but agin, the distance info is just too small to be read. If it wasn't for the optional audio licence I have with my PF Core, I probably wouldn't have noticed the Flarm contact.

Is there any way the font size can be made bigger please? If you would like the pics to be sent to you via email, please let me know. Thanks.

Paul

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Please send us screenshots by email (support at skydemon.aero) so we can accurately judge the actual physical size of the text you have seen.
Skee
S
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
SO i connected my brand new Airconnect today, its the new version that does not come with a pin code, so what should i have in the pin code row in SD?

So problem is i cant connect it just chews and gives me error.

where do i start?

Skee
S
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
ok so i found this document and punched in pin code 6074 and it works, totaly unreasonable.
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
The new Air Connect uses protected WiFi and therefore no PIN in the app is required any more. However I am afraid the app needs a random key, e.g. "0000" or any other key. Then it should work.
neubamat
n
Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)Too Much Forum (574 reputation)
I've noticed that SD tries to connect to different IPs and ports depending on the PIN... e.g.:
  • 0000: 192.168.0.14:100
  • 4500: 169.254.1.1:2000
  • 5000: 1.2.3.4:2000
  • 5500: 192.168.1.1:2000
sample netstat output:

Must be to address different HW releases... according to Skee's manual snippet...

Edited 9/2/2018 8:02:00 PM by neubamat
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
neubamat - 9/2/2018 7:54:22 PM
I've noticed that SD tries to connect to different IPs and ports depending on the PIN... e.g.:
  • 0000: 192.168.0.14:100
  • 4500: 169.254.1.1:2000
  • 5000: 1.2.3.4:2000
  • 5500: 192.168.1.1:2000
sample netstat output:

Must be to address different HW releases... according to Skee's manual snippet...

See integration manual, there seems to be a indeed connection between HW release and PIN:

Attachments
B104_integrationmanual.pdf (502 views, 453.00 KB)
Skee
S
Just got this reply.

Riccardo Bertolini (AIR Avionics)
3. Sep., 07:43 CEST
Dear Dennis 
thank you for your message.
use the pin 5555 or higher.
We are always happy to help if you have more questions.
Kind regards
Riccardo Bertolini

Edited 9/3/2018 8:18:48 AM by Skee
Peer
Peer
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I'm using PowerFLARM since more tha a year and whould never fly without it again.
But unfortunately it works not perfect with SD. There are diconnections from time t time and
the team from SD is not willing to do anything against it.

So I think i have to go back to my previous flight navigation software.
I like SD but not without my FLARM.

Peer

PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Seems to me that neither Power Flarm nor Sky Demon is the problem but your Air Connect, which occasionally sends out spurious signals and is, therefore, rejected by SD during its checks that the data is valid. Why should Tim have to deal with 'garbage in' when other connections don't have the same problem?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search