SkyDemon Forums

Scratchpad

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic15751.aspx

By RussellS - 5/17/2015 8:38:05 AM

I think this may have been covered before, but I couldn't see a final result.

Is there a way to save the scratchpad pages after flight?

As I write down takeoff times etc on it it'd be good to be able to reference these after flight some time in the future.

Just as an aside I have read that Foreflight now has taken their scratchpad one step further by having templates for things like ATIS etc. Nice idea.
By Tim Dawson - 5/19/2015 8:57:09 AM

The Scratchpad is intended to be for in-flight note taking. If you want to switch back to it briefly once you've landed, it's a couple of button presses. At present we do not see a very compelling reason to provide a special button for accessing it when in planning mode, or for saving its contents to permanent storage for posterity.
If you want to log engine time as well as flight time, SkyDemon can already do this as part of your flight log. Simply start the log manually, rather than letting SkyDemon start it automatically when it detects you have taken off. Then you can stop it manually after you have landed. The log start and stop time (as opposed to the flight start and stop time) can then be used for whatever you like; engine time is the most common.