Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

VFR Reporting Points (in Italy)

Author
resca
Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)Too Much Forum (120 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Due to very tricky names of our VRP's, ENAC/ENAV finally decided to assign a "Code Designator", something very similar to IFR Intersection names. They are composed by the last 2 letters of the Aerodrome ID and the 3 "cardinal" designators, like E, W1, SE2, etc. So, fo instance, in Parma CTR we no longer have to use "San't Ilario d'Enza" but a simple MPSE1. I just tried to see if SkyDemon is updated to this new (and efficient) naming, but it isn't. I just checked the on-line version and I see the long (and hard to insert in a flight plan) names. For comparison, I also loaded the France cartograpy, and I see that you use BOTH the ID's. For instance, near NICE Airport, the VRP "Sud Musee Oceanographique Monaco", is named "EC" (I would prefer MNEC, while the airporti is LFMN).
I attach the present AIP pages in which you can see the new names and I would like your opinion about the use of them or bothm or an option to choose. I would also add that the "new" 5 letter ID is what is used by Jeppesen and what is loadable in the panel-mount GPS's, due to the 5 letter limitation. With the present naming, SkyDemon is basically unuasbale for people with also one (or two...)  panel-mount GPS!

Attachments
ENR6-3-1-1(3).pdf (2.6K views, 819.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We've actually already done this work, and in the imminent 3.2.1 release you will see both the designator and long name (in brackets) for Italian VRPs.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search