Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

IPAD flight log transfer to PC SD

Author
longfinals
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I too am having this problem. The Flightlog file is in the correct folder and SDPC sees it but it is greyed out (although the date and time is not). I have opened the GPX version of the file in Google Earth but have been unable to open the other version on the PC. Has anybody found a solution please?
Jimbo
Jimbo
Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)
Hi,

I have just been trying to transfer my flight logs and e-mailed them from my Ipad to my PC to both my Outlook mail account and my Camail account.

The Outlook mail changed the .flighlog attachment to a .txt extension and was unuseable. However the Camail attachment retained its .flightlog extension and is visible and useable when saved into the Logs folder.

Hope this may help,

Jimbo
Jimbo
Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)Too Much Forum (477 reputation)
Sorry my last post should be G-Mail not Camail
thankershow
thankershow
Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)Too Much Forum (349 reputation)
EricSp (02/10/2012)
I notice that when I transfer log files fromiPad to PC via iTunes the file type is dropped. It may be that if you rename the files with .flightlog then SD will recognize them.

Eric
As long as you get the appropriate apps from the apple store, you can transfer iPad documents and things using itunes to/from an pc. The data files are transferred as part of the app backup but it's not like a memory stick where you just transfer files backwards and forwards outside of the opearting system. And you can How to Recover Deleted Files from iPad.
Edited 1/11/2013 3:33:56 AM by thankershow
UniformFoxtrot
UniformFoxtrot
Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)
When I email a track log from my ipad and then try to open the .gpx file in SkyDemon in another ipad, I get a message 'file could not be loaded'. I've tried emailing to 2 different ipads and both give the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
I found an application, DiskAid, that allows moving files as you like from Ipad to computer quite efficiently. It needs also to install FileApp on the Ipad. You can choose your files, make folders and sub-folders, etc and you don't need Itunes at all.
UniformFoxtrot
UniformFoxtrot
Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)
Thanks Guille. I was trying to send the log to someone else rather than to my pc, which is why I was using email. Has anybody successfully used the email option?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Opening a track log from GPX is not supported in SkyDemon for iPad. You'd need to use SkyDemon Plan (on a PC) to import the GPX to your library, where it will be saved in native SkyDemon format.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search