Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

IPAD showing Offline

Author
rpc41
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My IPAD 3 is showing offline (no network) in SkyDemon communications options. When I try to access Cloud storage I get a message saying there is no connection or the server is busy.

The unit is connected to to the internet by WIFI and the sim card is active. I can download mail and access the web through Safari so the connection is working.

The last time I had this I believe the fix was to turn off WIFI when it decided it had a connection, after which it was happy to operate once WIFI activated again. At the time I didn't note the detailed circumstances. Is there a way to force it to go look again and become online?

Richard
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Might be worth quitting and restarting SD.

Double tap the home button, then press and hold on the SD logo at the bottom. When the (-) appears, press it, then re-open SD.
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
I noted a similar problem when SD is initiated before full WiFi connection is established on the iPad. One only needs to close and re-start SD after WiFi was fully established.

Can I add a query regarding the Glide Slope indicator which I have never seen on my iPad? Any sightings at all?
Also, I love the Pilot's log in flight. Is there a way of printing the complete Pilot's Log page off the iPad After the flight?

I apologise if these questions were answered elsewhere or if they intruded on the original thread.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Edited 7/23/2012 6:44:16 AM by Runways
longfinals
longfinals
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Has anybody else experienced this and have a fix. I have closed SD, disconnected and reconnected WiFi and still get a message saying the functionality cannot be used as an internet connection is not available when I know it definately is available.

Regards,

Crying
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Sorry, I have never come across this.

Are you on a corporate network by any chance (behind a proxy for example).

Can you go to 'data.skydemon.aero' in Safari - you should get a 403 server error.
cct
cct
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
I am getting this as well. On a MiFi which is on-line, and I can get to data.skydemon.aero, where I get a 403.
Closed and restarted SD, but it resolutely stays off-line.

Any ides please?

--
Chris
cct
cct
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Just solved this - didnt read the Communications options - select one of the Live data options, and it comes back.
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
cct (14/02/2013)
Just solved this - didnt read the Communications options - select one of the Live data options, and it comes back.
I have also that problem, and it does not solve in my case. I have to restart the Ipad for getting the internet connection. If I do not restart, even with the communication menu indicating "online" for planning, the status keeps "offline". Closing SD and re-opening it does not solve the problem.
Tags
Edited 8/9/2013 1:41:39 PM by guille
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Sorry to insist, but the problem remains. Even with the communications menu showing "online" for planning, even closing and reopening SD it keeps offline. It is necessary to close the Ipad, restart it, and it begins to work again. I would like to have an answer please : is this normal ? I checked and wifi connection was working with other applications without problem.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
No, it's not normal. We've added some extra code to the next version which we hope will help.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search