Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

new ipad update

Author
larbiere
Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Julien,

You are wright! Every journey in the region of the french alps produce the same bug :-(

LFJD with is Corlier Altiport is shown on my Ipad.

Try this:
On Sky Demon on your Ipad, choose "Map Layers" / scroll down to Waypoints and choose "Airfileds"! At the bottom you can set "Min Runway Length"!! Set it to "nothing".

This may solve your problem. Corlier is only 300m long and might not be shown for that reason.

I hope that helps

Jean-Paul
Edited 10/17/2012 6:36:56 PM by larbiere
aeroecho
aeroecho
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Jean-Paul,

You're right. I can now see the small "Corlier" (LFJD) airfield on SD for iPad.

Now, it remains to understand why SD is freezing when planning a flight in south-east of France Satisfied

Thanks,
Julien
Vincent
Vincent
Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)
Hello,

I've just made the last update of SD few minutes ago to SD 2.4.4

The app is not working any more on my ipad 2 (with BT GPS receiver, no 3G).

I noticed that the app launch but then freeze, and I have to wait 2/3 minutes before it crash.

This is not happening when I turn off the WIFI receiver of the Ipad, SD is usable but without last data.

I'm leaving in the south East of France, and as you said previously, the "map" is not usable there (CORSICA, CANNES, TOULON, AIX, MARSEILLE)
If someone can fix that quickly, it would be wonderful!

Thank's a lot

Vincent
aeroecho
aeroecho
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Hi,

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the French Chart ... but it didn't change anything and flight planning is still impossible for south east of France...

Tim any idea ?

Thanks in advance,
Julien
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
This appears to be a bug in the processing of NOTAM when drawing them on the map, specifically the code that extracts coordinates from NOTAM for graphical depiction. It is a long delay rather than a freeze, so if you are patient and wait it out, you won't actually see the same delay again for the same NOTAM unless you restart the software (or a new NOTAM brief is obtained). This is a bug in the underlying platform upon which we depend, so we are working closely with them to get a resolution.
aeroecho
aeroecho
Thank you very much Tim for your feedback.
I hope you'll find a solution with them.

Kind regards,
Julien
PhoenixUK
PhoenixUK
Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)Too Much Forum (588 reputation)
Thanks for that information.
aeroecho
aeroecho
I tried to wait... a very long time (around 15 mn) ... but finally SD stopped to work and I had to restart it.
I'm sorry but at the moment, planning in south east of France is really not possible for me.

Thanks SD team for your efforts in investigating this issue, in particular with your data provider.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
A permanent fix to this hanging problem has been worked into the product and a new version is on its way through the Apple approval process.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search