Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skipping Turnpoints

Author
RV12Flyer
Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Skydemon Version 3.16.9.0
Have not had this issue before. I am using my Android phone with Skydemon and it has performed perfectly.

On the last flight the Next turnpoint kept changing to a turnpoint that was further along the route. Eg. missing navigation to the next turnpoint in the route.
When I returned home I flew the same route using the simulator on the PC and it did the same thing.

Has anyone else had this? or
is it a bug? 
or a setting I have inadvertently changed?

Is there a quick way to force Navigation to the correct waypoint while flying? just in case it happens again??

Thank  you in advance
Tony

Edited 9/5/2023 11:30:09 AM by RV12Flyer
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
RV12Flyer - 9/5/2023 11:10:32 AM
grahamb - 9/5/2023 11:07:31 AM
RV12Flyer - 9/5/2023 10:12:09 AM
Have not had this issue before. I am using my Android phone with Skydemon and it has performed perfectly.

On the last flight the Next turnpoint kept changing to a turnpoint that was further along the route. Eg. missing navigation to the next turnpoint in the route.
When I returned home I flew the same route using the simulator and it did the same thing.

Has anyone else had this? or
is it a bug? 
or a setting I have inadvertently changed?

Is there a quick way to force Navigation to the correct waypoint while flying? just in case it happens again??

Thank  you in advance
Tony

I have never seen this other than in very specific circumstances, but it would be usful to know more about the route you were flying.

Is there any easy way to share my route using Skydemon?
or here it is in Manual form
Bodmin - Eden Project - St.Ives - Hayle - Truro City - Lostwithiel - Bodmin  (all in Cornwall)
for Eg. when reaching or getting close to Eden Project it will skip to Lostwithiel.
Also when between Hayle and Truro it will decide to go to St.Ives again.

Tony

Long press on the turning point to which you wish to fly. This will bring up the What's Here dialogue box. Tap on Routing  and then tap on Take Shortcut. 

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search