Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD connection problems with Garmin GLO 2

Author
F
Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I received my Garmin GLO 2 gps receiver this morning and, after loading it, I did a test with SD installed on my Android tablet.

Of course I followed Garmin's instructions on pairing with my Android device (the Bluetooth GPS app no longer exists but the "Bluetooth GNSS" app does the same thing).

I then launched SD and selected the third-party device "GDL90 Compatible Device" in the settings, but when I try to start browsing I get this.

What went wrong? What did I do wrong?

My Garmin GLO 2 is correctly connected to my Tablet and the Bluetooth GNSS app confirms that it is receiving satellites. If I try to move with my receiver the GPS position changes as expected.

So what's the problem?

Thank you.

Edited 3/2/2022 6:57:13 PM by Freccia
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
There's no strange behaviour. You don't have a GDL90 device so you shouldn't be trying to use that, or any of the other third-party devices.

Your Bluetooth device will get its data to SkyDemon through Android Location Services. That's the option you need.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search