SkyDemon Forums

SD connection problems with Garmin GLO 2

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic34701.aspx

By Freccia - 3/2/2022 6:52:51 PM

Hi, I received my Garmin GLO 2 gps receiver this morning and, after loading it, I did a test with SD installed on my Android tablet.

Of course I followed Garmin's instructions on pairing with my Android device (the Bluetooth GPS app no longer exists but the "Bluetooth GNSS" app does the same thing).

I then launched SD and selected the third-party device "GDL90 Compatible Device" in the settings, but when I try to start browsing I get this.

What went wrong? What did I do wrong?

My Garmin GLO 2 is correctly connected to my Tablet and the Bluetooth GNSS app confirms that it is receiving satellites. If I try to move with my receiver the GPS position changes as expected.

So what's the problem?

Thank you.
By Starpilotbr - 3/4/2022 9:21:42 AM

Hello,
I just have got my GLO2 and went through a number of problems to pair it to my Android Tablet.
Fortunately, I found a way to make it working and I hope this can help you and others.
1) Associate the tablet and GLO2 using Bluetooth on the tablet, so that the GLO2 is paired.
2) Download Bluetooth GNSS APP from Google Play Store.
3) In GNSS APP Connect the device to be used as external GPS (there is a list of paired devices appearing in the APP).
4) GNSS APP will tell you to go to Settings/General/Developers Option/Debug page/Allow Mock Locations (or something similar depending on the device).
5) To get your tablet show the Developers Option, you need to go to Setting/About Device, scroll down to Build Number and tap the number seven times. At this point, you will have the Developers option available.
6) Go to Debug page and check the box Allow Mock Locations. Automatically the Bluetooth GNSS APP will get your tablet connected to GLO2 and you get a solid blue led on it.
7) Let GLO2 find the satellites (green solid led) and start using your SkyDemon, by pressing Go Flying. No need to activate third parties devices.
It wokrs perfeclty, I just tried it in flight last Wednesday.
Hope will help.