Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Jepp Charts integration.

Author
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Jeppesen is delivered by Boing, a 140,000+ employees company with 58+ Billion Dollar revenue (2020).
Skydemon is delivered by Divelements Limited, a 4+ people company with £ 276,253 Total equity (2018).
Not to forget, Jeppesen/ForeFlight is a direct competitor of Skydemon with some (small) respect.

I don't think any talks would be on par.

marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
pilot-byom - 7/9/2021 1:47:03 PM
Jeppesen is delivered by Boing, a 140,000+ employees company with 58+ Billion Dollar revenue (2020).
Skydemon is delivered by Divelements Limited, a 4+ people company with £ 276,253 Total equity (2018).
Not to forget, Jeppesen/ForeFlight is a direct competitor of Skydemon with some (small) respect.

I don't think any talks would be on par.

I'm not sure that has a bearing as (a) that's a very cowardly business view, I'm sure Tim has bigger stones than that and (b) my proposal was a straight pass through to the SD user of cost (of the Jepp subscription) plus an additional amount to recoup SD development effort* - assuming the ROI stands up. 

* acknowlding your last, valid point and assuming Boeing (not sure who Boing is) don't put a riduculous premium on it to discourage SD and encourage FF. 

Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)
Wouldn't it be better to let users just import their own custom charts if they want to?

Why it's such a big problem to make this option available?

marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
You can’t with Jepp from next year - they’re forcing you to get them through “EFBs such as ForeFlight and Garmin pilot”

You can already do custom doc downloads into SD But you need to have the PDFs to start with. You also don’t get geoferefenced plates by doing manuka doc imports, nor have them available in the contextual menu for each airfield.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We wouldn't shy away from a conversation with Jeppesen about the idea, but we wouldn't actively pursue it either. If you have a contact, feel free to put us in touch.

Although we're aware there a fair number of IFR pilots in Europe who would prefer the Jeppesen plates, there are many who overall prefer independence from the Jeppesen system and are happy to use the national approach plates which we include and spend lots of time and effort georeferencing and categorising for a smooth integration.

marioair
m
Tim Dawson - 7/12/2021 2:13:12 PM
We wouldn't shy away from a conversation with Jeppesen about the idea, but we wouldn't actively pursue it either. If you have a contact, feel free to put us in touch.

Although we're aware there a fair number of IFR pilots in Europe who would prefer the Jeppesen plates, there are many who overall prefer independence from the Jeppesen system and are happy to use the national approach plates which we include and spend lots of time and effort georeferencing and categorising for a smooth integration.

I'm a member of PPL/IR so i'll see if the board have any contacts other than "call the Sales team". 

The smooth integration of AIP plates is awesome and frankly if flying IFR you would at a minimum want them context-based against the airport which SD does nicely.the geo referencing is but not a show stopper as most people have some form of IFR-certified GPS onboard thse days which does that aspect. 

The bit that's the problem now is, AIP plates accross countries are all made to different standards, we all know how standardisation saves lives and makes in-cockpit changes of plan much easier to deal with 

marioair
m
Not been able to find a contact for your Tim. Worth just going through the “front door”?
aelkaim
a
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
Hi

The discontinuation of JeppFD pushes people to go to Foreflight or GP… which I prefer avoid.
As I use jepp charts, I d like the possibility to link SkyDemon with my Jepp account and would be ready to pay a premium for that.
It would be my ideal configuration.

Kind regards
marioair
m
aelkaim - 10/31/2021 1:42:35 PM
HiThe discontinuation of JeppFD pushes people to go to Foreflight or GP… which I prefer avoid. As I use jepp charts, I d like the possibility to link SkyDemon with my Jepp account and would be ready to pay a premium for that. It would be my ideal configuration. Kind regards

There are some discussions afoot about direct integration but needs more support on this forum

aelkaim
a
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
That’s extremely interesting. Do you mean more people expressing their interest here ?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search